Im making a Zombie Survival game! and STREAMING ME MAKING THE GAME.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SheepKing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2011

I'm currently learning programming and we have a project at school. this project is to make a game. I chooses to make a zombie survival game ! We're using C++ and SDL library, Nothing to much complicated but its kinda hard since its my first game ever !

I'm gonna stream the making of the game, and you guys can watch me doing it ! i hope you like watching me and learn something if you want to!

I'm not the best programmer, I'm still learning. Don't be shy to give me tips and trick! This will be very appreciated ..

As you can see, my main language ISN'T English. No comment on my language please.

Here the link to my Web site / Live stream!
http://sheepking.pcriot.com/

Don't be shy to ask music to play! Open chat and post your music suggestion!

Ill post when i go live !

**When ill be done with this project, people who want to try it will be welcome
Also Thanks for all your support !

MY IDEA:
For people that want to know, I'm going to make it very Realistic ... well as far as i can. Our Character will need to find food and water. Also he will need to keep he's stress at a good level. finding beer, staying neer a camp fire will be useful for this... for ammo, they will be Very rare... about 1 amo box per night. yes .. i want to make a Day/Night system... Zombie spawn at night, Ammo, food etc spawn at day.

The ONLY GOAL IN THIS GAME IS: SURVIVE AS LONG AS YOU CAN. That's it.

Food/water and sanity will prevent player from camping and stuff, and stress wil prevent player to become a super killing machine, since killing zombie increase stress. A high stree, reduce accuracy (with guns) and damage with melee weapon. at 100% stress, our character commit suicide, and we loose the game. if our character get to 100% hunger or 100% thirst, he is slowed and start loosing health. if our character become at 35% health or less, he is slowed and loose accuracy from shooting.

BARICADES. nothing more to say.

Im also thinking about a Rain system. not really sure how im gonna do this with SDL, but if i can ill do it .

I think this is prety big for a school project but Im not gonna do everything in class. after its done, i think ill continue for my own pleasure
This is my idea for now... let me know if you have better idea !!

MoLoL

03-23-2011

Cool! I'll tune in every now and then.

sciyth

03-23-2011

I like zombies
I like survival
I like games
I like all 3 of these combined

where do I sign up?

SheepKing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2011

Im doing it alone, its a school project but you still can give idea when ill be live ill make sure to post here every time i go live, and work into my project

Hamsamwich

03-23-2011

I hope it is a quality survival game.

I am thinking very limited ammo, use of axes/melee weapons mostly, food shortages, gas shortages...

Basically walking dead, the comic.

sciyth

03-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamsamwich View Post
I hope it is a quality survival game.

I am thinking very limited ammo, use of axes/melee weapons mostly, food shortages, gas shortages...

Basically walking dead, the comic.
Use information from the "Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks

I used that book as the basis for how I prepare my zombie survival kit. (<--if you don't have one of these you need to make one fast. Zombies are just as big of a threat as other natural disasters XD )

ZOMBIES!!!!!!! XD

SheepKing

03-25-2011

Lets go live!

Cuigi

03-25-2011

Why does everyone want to make zombie survival games. I am in college for Game and Simulation Programming, and all I see people making are zombie survival games.

TheGreyTemplar

03-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuigi View Post
Why does everyone want to make zombie survival games. I am in college for Game and Simulation Programming, and all I see people making are zombie survival games.
Its the cool thing to do now. Dont you wanna be one of the cool kids!?

Personally my college teaches Java so I have to try to find time to learn C++ at some point as I wish to go into game development as well.

Cuigi

03-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreyTemplar View Post
Its the cool thing to do now. Dont you wanna be one of the cool kids!?

Personally my college teaches Java so I have to try to find time to learn C++ at some point as I wish to go into game development as well.
I love the idea but don't like the unoriginality. As programming goes I am just the opposite, I know C++ just need to dive into java now.