Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to Jungle Shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tummyrubs

03-23-2011

inb4 linked to Stonewall's guide

That being said, I have tried it and failed many times, dying to either the lizard after smiting the big wraith and taking down the small golems or the mana golem after I have finished lizard. I have also tried starting at the mana golem but I find myself dying to lizard when I get there. I have armor pen quints and reds, CD glyphs and dodge seals with no IP to buy armor seals currently. Is it still possible to jungle Shaco right now or is there an alternative route I can take?

ViSiOnInG

03-23-2011

without attack speed or armor runes you won't be able to do it quickly... but you can still jungle.

just wait longer for an extra box when doing the buffs - -; and wait for the cd to be almost done so that u can cast it again so it takes agro and tank for you

Orwell

Recruiter

03-23-2011

I start at red....i like to place 4-5 jitbs at just outside of the grass so they dont trigger when the lizzard spawns. Smite blue wraith and sit and wait. Jitb should come off cd right b4 the lizzard spawns. Hit him once, and pull him to your jitbs. As soon as they trigger drop one right behind him. This will allow you to finish off lizard with about 50% or high health.

From there I go straight to blue. Throw a jitb in the bush wait a second then hit the golem with your shiv. From there pull it till it gets hit by the jitb then just pound on it.

Remember to keep your pots going throughout. As for the yellow armor...idk, haven't tried it with dodge, but my guess is that it wont work. After this is all done just do ahead and gank. Shaco is a ganker, and doesn't do a lot in team fights late game, so make sure you are doing a lot early game. Other than that I say gj, let me know if you have any questions.

ViSiOnInG

03-25-2011

http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=45

Sorbon

03-25-2011

Do practice games to gauge how many boxes you need to do each camp at the first few levels. When I jungled Shaco all the time I knew exactly how much damage I'd take compared to how many boxes I had laid.

As I recall, pre-level 6, it takes 2 boxes for the "small camps" to walk away at about half life, 3 boxes and you can walk away unharmed.

One trick you may not be doing is actually chaining the jack in the boxes together. Lay them one after another, and the "fear walk" that the elder/ancient do will cause them to trigger the next one. If you pile the boxes together you'll only get the 1-1.5 second fear, or whatever level it's at, but you can make that 3-5x as much just by spacing the boxes apart. This also helps prevent the boxes from turning on the lil lizards.

Khryll

03-25-2011

With armor pen reds, mana regen p 5 yellows, and crit blues, I do fine as jungle Shaco both on 3s and 5s.

Use JITB to tank the jungle mobs. Put it behind them if you can so you can hit them in the back. Stack JITB at starting buff so they do most of the work.