Teemo the meh?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DudeTheMan

02-13-2010

I to seem to be having this apparently rare problem. For some odd reason I get lower numbers out of Teemo than I do any other champ I play. Even some tanks. I have to be playing him wrong or something. Here are my last few games.

6/4/6 Win
5/8/17 Win
6/1/10 Win
3/1/6 Win
5/3/9 Lose

Yes they are mostly winning games and some will argue thats all that matters. However
I can consistantly get twice the kills with other carries. I never, ever, get a decent amount of kills and usually not even assists with Teemo. Usually I am the first, second, third, fourth AND fifth person targeted as Teemo. To add to the problem I have no burst of any kind to get kills with. I usually have a pretty low death count because some combo of cleanse + ghost/flash usually saves my ***. I like the mushroom planting mini-game style of play but I cannot get a decent score with Teemo. I have yet to do it once. Just for reference my average with Kassadin is 9/4/15, with Ashe it is 8/2/20 and even my average with Cho'gath which I build as a **** tank is 10/2/10.

How the hell do you not get targeted absolutely every time you come on screen? How do
you get kills without dumb luck? How do you contribute anything other than mushrooms and the occasional single target blind? Am I just asking for to much to get kills with Teemo?

I have tried all kinds of builds including the AS/LS build, AS/damage build, the AP build, the AP/support build, hell I even tried a half tank build for the hell of it.

Any ideas?? Stupid comments will be ignored.

Mrtakeiteasy

02-13-2010

First of all, what is wrong with have 4-6 kills, that is quite a bit. Teemo isn't created to be some sort of super dps or anything either or have super killing abilities. if your winning with teemo, it means that you are playing a good amount of support which aids your allies into winning the game.

Most people will say that the K/D/A is everything, and you are simply adding on to this matter. also, if you want more kills, gank more; changing your build isn't going to necessarily allow you to somehow get more kills regardless.

From the skillset that he has, he is useful for chasing, semi-warding, blind.

From what I believe, the more assists you have, the better player you most likely are. If you have too many kills, it either means your just pub-stomping on some noobs, or you just clean up after all of your allies go in and just kill the rest of the heroes.

Get into a premade and play your teemo and see if you can still produce the same results regarding each of your characters. I would assume that your K/D/A would be different and then you'll probably feel better about your ratio. If it stays the same, then your doing a good job as Teemo and shouldn't worry at all about how your playing.

Klazzix

02-13-2010

How the hell do you not get targeted absolutely every time you come on screen?
AFK & Camp for 4 seconds, you become stealthed and you won't be targeted.

How do you get kills without dumb luck?

Teemo is more of like a hit & run character, there's a reason you have poison, traps and move-quick.

How do you contribute anything other than mushrooms and the occasional single target blind?

Again, your poison, it's a degen, auto attack everyone to apply it.

Lowfire

02-13-2010

omg i just wrote this big guide and somehow it failed to post and i lost the whole thing D:
im not really feeling like typing it all out again so ill give a summary of what I was about to post.
Teemo is my favo char and I usually get a bunch of kills with him to the point where i carry.

summoner spells; ignite and exhaust
first blood: go mid, stealth, poison shot ur enemy + ignite + exhaust + keep spamming till he dies
Rest of the kills: same thing without the stealth but with blind shot (make sure u harass first with poison shot + blind to get his hp down somewhat, land ur poison first cuz ur blind got a bigger range)

Ofcourse keep spamming shrooms at useful spots (in lane place 2 in each bush for example) but they shouldnt be ur main source of damage.

Remember if you use blind first and exhaust after, you give ur enemy some big ass blind which usually means that you can kill a physical dps without even really being hit at all.

Well the original guide was way bigger but you should do it with this now Hope it's useful though and that u get some nice Teemo kills with it

Pejcohryz

02-14-2010

or if you prefer to go with someone it really helps if it is someone with stun/slow and does know how your skills work. Do tell him to lure them to shrooms and not to stick to you when you are stealthed to prevent AoE damage. Do tell him not to run when you blind your opponent becouse his melee dmg does nothing. Stealth for teemo isnt ussually effective towards the end of the game but at the beggining you can get doublekill just by positioning yourself well.

DudeTheMan

02-14-2010

First of all thanx for the replys.

To Mrtakeiteasy: I guess my problem isn't just that I get less kills/assists, it's that I don't have a problem winning games with other chars that I do get kills/assists with. I would say a third of my games are premades roughly. Even with an organized team on vent if my team is doing well and I am playing Teemo someone else is always getting all the kills. Maybe I should just think of Teemo as support and not expect kills?

As far as ganking more this doesn't solve the problem of others always taking the kill shots. Most of the kills I do get are from early ganks. It is when mid and late game roll around and its mostly teamfights that I have problems. I usually have their entire team on me if i'm on screen at all. As far as producing the same results in premades, my scores go up, not down in premades. Having an organized team helps my score, it doesn't lower it.

To Klazzix: I have tried starting fights with his stealth however usually I have to come in halfway through the fight to not have their entire team target switch right onto me. Teemo is so **** squishy he'll be dead by the time a single stun wears off in a team fight. If you can spread poison around in a team fight more power to you. Ninty nine times out of three I get target swapped to and owned. Kinda like Twitch but without stealth to escape with. Not that that always works but it's something. And Twitch has no problem getting kills.

To Lowfire: I haven't tried exhaust + ignite on Teemo. I don't tend to have problems early and without an escape late game I would have twice the deaths. I will try it out for the heck of it.

To Pejcohryz: Usually in PUGs people do play stupid around Teemo sadly. I set shrooms and they run around them when enemies chase. They run when I blind. They ignore the shrooms AND the map when it shows enemy locations. It is irritating. How are you using his stealth to get double kills early? Did you mean with help or 2v1? I usually use his stealth just out of sight range while an enemy is pushing a creep wave. When they move past I rape them from behind. I have never gotten a double kill out of it though. I can't even see a point where Teemo could 2v1 and win unless he is crazy fed or they are complete gimps. Most know not to chase him when he is purposely leading them.

To all who have been posting give me your average scores as Teemo in PUGs and in premades. If it is similar to mine then this entire post is completely pointless. If it's higher then I am seriously missing something. Maybe the few high score Teemos i've seen are just luck of the draw? Maybe he is just support.

EDIT: Actually I have a better idea. Someone who regularly scores HIGH with Teemo play a game with me so I can watch how you play him. That would help infinately more.

DudeTheMan

02-14-2010

Well I just went 15/10/10 with Lowfires ignite + exhaust suggestion. Twice the kills, but way more deaths. I dunno if thats a good score or a bad one with that many deaths. The last third of the game was 4v5 as our pirate had a phone call.. We ended up winning by a hair. I'm not used to spending so much of the game dead. Most of the champs I play have escapes built in or I use cleanse + flash/ghost. Having ignite + exhaust in a team fight can really rape one person over. I would come in to a team fight and wait for their Eve to pop then throw ignite + exhaust + blind after exhaust wore off and blast the **** out of her. Mainly because she was pissing me off so much early game being god **** every where. Usually she would go down and then I would go down soon after, but it got me kills.

NoyRave

02-14-2010

got 2 bad days in a row, wherein ive been in a team with a leaver/afker and/or match up heroes directly counters ours.

but i usually do good, considering i got around 1.5k kills 700deaths 1.1k assist on my teemo.
got 109 wins 50loses on him.

Tips:

harass on lane, HARASS badly, at the same time last hit like those creeps needs to die at your feet, flash/ignite works best

get buffs whenever they spawn, and spawn mushrooms everytime it cds when your attacking golem, ALWAYS mushroom up golems.

whenever you get liz gank, dont initiate gank when opponent at 100% or hasnt thrown their stuns yet.

stealth chars are your worst nightmare they gank you like ****, and you being a squishy makes it even more fun, get wards if opponent got 2-3 stealths char and likes to ganks.

DONT USE 'W' when your entering teamfights,DONT, and i meant to say these again, DONT, those 6 seconds cooldown would determine if your alive or dead, if you use it before teamfights, and your hit, you have to wait 6 seconds to activate it again, giving you 6 seconds of near death experience, use it to chase/flee only during teamfights, but whenever your ganking, jungling its necessary to walk really really fast getting you from 1 creep spawn to another.

plant shrooms whenever it CDs, cant stress this enough.

when in lane, spawn blinds, and attack him that would force him to get out of xp range.

Gathering

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2010

I have the contrary problem of you. I keep getting 20/2/17 Generally.
I just mainly Poison shot the other guy, When he tries to approach me, I get closer, Blind, Poison, run back a bit and I do that slowly and the person eventually dies.
Once I was owning with Teemo, I was savaging 1 vs 5, They kept trying to gank me while I was just laughing, It was pretty fun.

Anyways I suggest you get "Move Quick" only level 1 After you get Blinding Dart and Poison Shot (Not sure if those are the names) and after that put up blinding dart for more damage dealt and bigger ranger, Poison shot after since I find it to not make that much difference on the level and when you can, put into ult. Also plant a ult in the sides generally since the team generally moves on the sides for hidden traps in the middle. Plant a mushroom whenever you can because the mushroom allows you to view more of the map which helps in locating an oncoming enemy
As above mentioned, Only use "Move Quick" When all your minions are dead and you know that 2 or more are going to attack you. I really fail at explaining but once you get the hang of it, You will own with Teemo! (After my first match I was owning with him)

puzzletrocity

02-14-2010

First the game u went 4-6 u had 17 assits. thats means u were winning teambattles and ur whole team was leveling up and overpowering. Second try a new build. I maybe u find out that there is a better one. Third teemo is sick he hasnt changed I got more than 2.0 kd with him like 500 kills and 200 deaths in only 55 games.