ELO Hell is a Real Place, and I'm Trapped There.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrHaveANiceDay

03-23-2011

I'd like to introduce a little perspective to this board. I keep seeing people on here complaining about being trapped in ELO hell, complaining about how they're trapped at 1200, 1300, 1400 ELO.

Let's sit down and listen to a story of solo 5v5 ranked. About a level 30 who jumped into solo queue and was immediately paired with those same 1200-ranked morons you so often complain about, and lost. And then lost. And then lost. Three, four times in a row, I was paired with teammates who are wholly convinced that the purpose of the laning phase is to shove the tower as hard as possible, ignoring the map, the potential gank of the enemy jungler, or their own health bar.

Now imagine being the person on this team who tries to pull this thing together. Imagine being the person who tries to ask what everyone is playing during champ selection and is met with silence and a complete lack of communication. Being the guy who goes "Hey, do we have a tank?...Right, I guess it's going to be me." "Do we have a jungler? Okay, I guess I'll do it." "Hey, who's solo lane? Guess I'm going Cho or something..." My personal favorite: "Hey, so far we're nothing but autoattacking AD carries, maybe we sh--OR WE COULD JUST ALL LOCK IN."

Imagine this happening over and over.

Until one day, your persistence--despite the leavers, ragers, AFKers, complete nincompoops, and self-masturbatory carry-addicted power-hungry KDR-obsessors--gets you down to 686 ELO. You have a tiny handful of characters you can even BOTHER playing anymore in ranked because you're probably last pick, and at that point you're trying to scrape together your pathetic team comp by filling in as (most of the time) a tank whom nobody understands how to play with.

So the next time you complain about your 1300's ELO Hell, just remember I'd do body shots off of Sion's rotten gut to get some of the teammates you have on a bad day.

L0rdMathias

03-23-2011

u mad bro?

nah but seriously i know how you feel just know that whining on the forums about how your life is more hellish than theirs only brings you to their own level

MrHaveANiceDay

03-23-2011

This is meant more as a kind of tongue-in-cheek than a rage. I just saw threads about people being in 'ELO Hell' at 1300 and couldn't help but laugh.

Jackson420

03-23-2011

I know how you feel... I've played a few games when I first hit 30 and eventually got my elo down to 1k... and then it went to 800, I got it back to 1k and its now barely over 900 again. People ****ing auto lock Master Yi and then wonder why I'm *****ing at them, people don't give a **** about team comps, and they don't care if they feed, it's all blame game.

MrHaveANiceDay

03-23-2011

Update: Two more losses as Alistar. Going 2-10-22 and 4-9-15 does not compute.

narutoverdrive

03-24-2011

2-10-22 is not a very good score maybe u do deserve lower elo 0_0

MrHaveANiceDay

03-24-2011

I feel like 2-10-22 is a pretty pro score for a TANK.

Daniellynet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHaveANiceDay View Post
Being the guy who goes "Hey, do we have a tank?...Right, I guess it's going to be me." "Do we have a jungler? Okay, I guess I'll do it." "Hey, who's solo lane? Guess I'm going Cho or something..." My personal favorite: "Hey, so far we're nothing but autoattacking AD carries, maybe we sh--OR WE COULD JUST ALL LOCK IN."

Imagine this happening over and over.
Happens so ****ing much. :|

I made a macro:

Sup.
Who is tanking, and who is playing what?

and then I just wait.

Abendschein

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2011

You're not entirely in ELO hell yet until you've sunk under 1200.

Just wait, 1100 is worse, 1K is painful, and sub 1K is gruesome torture.

I love being mid and hearing turrets have been destroyed at 10 minutes, and they all come mid and push my tower while I'm still farming kills and CK's.

All the tanks got recommended builds too, it's so hard to play a carry when your tank has no idea how useful build orders are. >_<

You sir, are in a worse position that I. I feel for you, I really do.

MrHaveANiceDay

03-24-2011

638 Ranking. Jarvans don't understand that trapping yourself in a tiny arena with three enemies doesn't actually work out in your favor.