"Must-have Runes"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alarik33

02-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnomaly View Post
If you have all the runes in your pages as CD Reduction, you have 60% CD reduction
what the **** are you talking about

EnderA

02-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnomaly View Post
If you have all the runes in your pages as CD Reduction, you have 60% CD reduction, which is more than the game will allow, as the hardcap for CD reduction is 40%. That's what he was trying to say when he said that the runes were wasted. Anyway, personally I play generally Physical DPS heroes, and I'm still relatively new compared to some, so I had only just finished putting together a Crit Damage/Chance page for Yi and Shaco when the Furor and Yi nerfs came in. Since then, I've been trying to get some ArPen in there on my reds, and have been considering something to give myself a little more surivability, perhaps dodge or HP quints.
Um, no. All CD Reduction runes will be at best (maxing out CD/lvl and Flat CD) around 19%.

2 Vaynez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-14-2010

Flat HP Quints are probably my best investment in runes. After that I'd say CD/level for glyphs. Then, either magic pen or armor pen for marks depending on what you play more. For yellow I don't have a favorite.

sickdevildog

02-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderA View Post
Crit damage is ONLY for Shaco, possibly Ashe. Otherwise it is an incredibly inefficient use of runes.

See the math: https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ad.php?t=34791

And that's with the old crit damage runes, which were better.

The obvious ones for me:
Marks: Magic Pen is obvious for most casters.
Seals: I like HP for casters/squishies and Dodge for non-caster/squishies (then I get Nimbleness in masteries with 9 pts in defense.)
Glyphs: Flat CD for almost everyone.
Quints: Flat HP is awesome.

For reference and comparison, you can check out the Rune Database spreadsheet I constructed: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=50741
Great job, I wish I would've seen this earlier when I first started playing...would've saved me tons of IP.

Anyone have a hero that they use alot of AP runes on?

Lumaca

02-15-2010

Health Quints all the way

Clon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2010

Quints: Flat of hp
Blue: CD/LVL
Yellow: Dodge
Red: situational.... (armor pen, critical chance/dmg, Magic pen, Health/lvl)

and the cd is capped at 45% not 40

ichi the killer

02-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clon View Post
Quints: Flat of hp
Blue: CD/LVL
Yellow: Dodge
Red: situational.... (armor pen, critical chance/dmg, Magic pen, Health/lvl)

and the cd is capped at 45% not 40
I don't know where you got your numbers... Before posting something, at least care to verify it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpster View Post
Q: How does cooldown reduction work?

A: Cooldown reduction works additively. If you have a 9% cooldown reduction from masteries, and a 10% cooldown reduction from Stinger (an item ingame) you will have a 19% cooldown reduction. However, cooldown reduction HARDCAPS at 40%. This means that you cannot get more than 40% cooldown reduction.