Have you sheen Sona?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reek

03-23-2011

I just thought I would share a little math showing the damage output Sona can do when she hits level six while she utilizes a sheen.

Assumed runes are +15 AD, +14 armor, +14 magic resist

Skills:

[Q] Hymn of Valor (level 3) - 150 (+.7) damage, +10 AD/AP
[W] Aria of Perseverance (level 1) - Heals 35 (+.35), +8 armor/magic resist
[E] Song of Celerity (level 1) - 6% bonus movement speed for 1.5 seconds, 8 bonus movement speed aura
[R] Crescendo (level 1) - 150 (+.8) damage, 1.5 second stun

Combo:

Set up with Q, putting Power Chord at two counts.
Wait for Q to cool down.
Approach enemy and hit them with Q - Deals 174.5 damage, puts Power Chord at 3 counts.
Auto attack for 180 physical + 136 magic damage
Hit them with R - Deals 178 damage, Power Chord is at 1 count.
Cast W, puts Power Chord at 2 counts.
Auto attack for 80 damage
Cast E, puts Power Chord at 3 counts
Auto attack for 160 physical + 64 magic damage
Or
Skip E or W if you know the enemy won't get away in time
Cast Q, deals 174.5 damage, puts Power Chord at 3 counts
Auto attack for 180 physical + 136 magic damage

Deals 972.5 or 1231 damage before mitigation.

If you have ignite+mastery and use it at the start of your combo, deal 1167.5 or 1433 damage before mitigation, 170 of which is true damage. Because of the global cool down on her main spells, if you can time your auto attacks/spell casts perfectly, you can proc sheen for each auto attack.

My point: Sheen on Sona is amazing.

Cenerae

03-23-2011

Not that I'm disputing the worth of a rushed Sheen on Sona, but why AD runes? Sheen only doubles your base AD, not your total AD, so the AD runes and Q aura don't really do a lot for your combo. You're also lacking any armor or magic pen, so the actual numbers would be a fair bit smaller in practise, though still impressive.

Reek

03-23-2011

That's something I wasn't aware of. Looks like the damage is a tiny bit less than what I said it was.

I have yet to try armor pen for AD Sona, but I'm sure I will eventually. For the moment I just use my AD marks/quints. I like how easy it is to last hit.

v81633331

08-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
Not that I'm disputing the worth of a rushed Sheen on Sona, but why AD runes? Sheen only doubles your base AD, not your total AD, so the AD runes and Q aura don't really do a lot for your combo. You're also lacking any armor or magic pen, so the actual numbers would be a fair bit smaller in practise, though still impressive.
....wat?

Edit: Oh wow it does... wow... thats.... wow...

Kyzrathnosh

08-23-2012

I tried Lichbane on her and wound up dealing far more just because it adds straight-up AP to next basic attack.. with all her buffs, it are teh owie from the supposed support.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyzrathnosh View Post
I tried Lichbane on her and wound up dealing far more just because it adds straight-up AP to next basic attack.. with all her buffs, it are teh owie from the supposed support.
Upgrading the sheen into lichbane often only offer 20-50 more damage or so without any AP item, not worth it imo.

TheUnburned

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Upgrading the sheen into lichbane often only offer 20-50 more damage or so without any AP item, not worth it imo.
I think the OP is implying this for an AP mid build, not a support build. Lich Bane deals more damage than Sheen even without an AP item on her, but quite a bit more with even one AP item.

At max rank, her aura gives her 20AP, Lich Bane gives 80AP, so that's 100 base physical damage from one Lich Bane proc with no other AP items/masteries/runes
Sheen is only base AD. Which for Sona would be 83 by level 13. (so you're correct in saying that the damage difference is small without an AP item)
Those are just the bonus damages in addition to her total AD and passive.
Both procs are physical damage and equally mitigated by armor.

The point is, building AD on her doesn't seem worth it. It doesn't affect the damage from Sheen, and the damage from Sheen is pretty pathetic for her due to a low base AD (granted, it's slightly more than Ashe). If anything you could go with some armor penetration to make her Lich Bane's damage more effective. But it'd just be wasting space that could be used for magic penetration. If you're worried about last hitting, you can take the AD or Creep-Hit masteries in the offense tree. That's pretty standard for mages.

You also need to consider the 2-second cooldown on the Lich/Sheen procs.

Cenerae

08-24-2012

Just to throw it out there, but this thread is a year and a half old.

Anyone trying to give advice to the OP at this point is probably wasting their time

TheUnburned

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
Just to throw it out there, but this thread is a year and a half old.

Anyone trying to give advice to the OP at this point is probably wasting their time
...woops. v81633331 must be a necromancer.