Questions about Lifesteal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Imum Coeli

02-13-2010

Specifically I'm looking at the Executioner's Calling which has stats as follows...

+18% Lifesteal +15% Critical Strike Chance UNIQUE Passive: On hitting a champion, you cause 4 damage per second and 50% reduced healing and regeneration for 12 seconds.

I see this and simply wonder- does that include creeps? Could a mass farmer destroy a heard of creeps and regen near instantly? Would it effects AoE spells, let alone those affected by them but not targeted? I suppose it wouldn't be over-powered, but the item is relatively cheap, so such potential is tempting.

I'm attempting to gather a good item list for Ryze right now, and this item may not be ideal in some respects. There are other more effective areas he should focus. Still, I'd like to have all the cards on the table before making a decision, so let me know what you know.

Chaosos

02-13-2010

Lifesteal only works with physical damage (Your basic attack)

Imum Coeli

02-13-2010

Well, that answers that. Thank you.

Zeba

02-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imum Coeli View Post
Specifically I'm looking at the Executioner's Calling which has stats as follows...

+18% Lifesteal +15% Critical Strike Chance UNIQUE Passive: On hitting a champion, you cause 4 damage per second and 50% reduced healing and regeneration for 12 seconds.

I see this and simply wonder- does that include creeps? Could a mass farmer destroy a heard of creeps and regen near instantly? Would it effects AoE spells, let alone those affected by them but not targeted? I suppose it wouldn't be over-powered, but the item is relatively cheap, so such potential is tempting.

I'm attempting to gather a good item list for Ryze right now, and this item may not be ideal in some respects. There are other more effective areas he should focus. Still, I'd like to have all the cards on the table before making a decision, so let me know what you know.
does that include creeps? -NO
Would it effects AoE spells, let alone those affected by them but not targeted? -NO

wildfire393

02-13-2010

Lifesteal definitely does trigger off of hitting minions, but only on normal attacks.