No, I won't play a tank/jungle/ap in your normal game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

malphismia

03-23-2011

^ you play jungle eve in ranked?

lol i just wish her passive was worth something. it doesnt even apply to neutrals. if they made it apply to neutrals, jungle eve, and eve in general, would be 100x more viable.

and btw I only play normal games exclusively, I don't mind full carry teams (as long as they each have CC), I just don't like people that complain about no tank and lock in carries.

A full team of Annie, Ashe, Miss Fortune, Veigar, Lux can still own, no tank but they can all initiate a teamfight easily and safely, and throw down constant slows/stuns to kite from range. It's all about positioning if you dont have a tank.

Le Shirrif

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2011

Me and my friends only do normal games. I've played for so long I can't even remember. Think I started in early 2010 or something. Haven't played a ranked yet.

Something Snazzy

03-23-2011

I want to play ranked games but I don't even have two full pages of runes. And I'm ****ing tired of playing as a jungle tank Nunu because our team has neither a jungler nor a tank

And since I usually only play about a game a day, the difference between winning and losing is about 3x the IP.

Test out new builds for sure, but at least try to pick someone who supports the team comp.

Redenbacher

03-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLaxx View Post
This, a thousand times. Normal games may not be as "serious" as Ranked games, but the practice modes exist for a reason. You want to try out a new build, or refine your style, or test out a new champion? Play a few practice games and figure out the little things you need to know before you need to use them in a real game. Normal games exist to refine your basic understanding further so that you can move on to Ranked, but that won't happen if your entire team is full of nothing but CC-less ranged carries because "that's what everyone wanted to play".

If your team has terrible synergy and coordination, you're not going to learn anything.
This.

Train Wrëx

03-23-2011

.... alot of QQ in this thread about people not likeing the team comp because they will lose without that tank or beefy dps or you NEED that jungler. I have two words to say to people who dont like their team comp at the champ select screen and want to win the game with a good team comp. F*****G LEAVE, you do not have to play the game if you do not want to surrender at 20 min mark with a loss and QQ/Cry the whole time because you dont have a tank. just take the 5 min que dodge penalty, calm down and go get that team you want in the next game then play to win.

FYI custom games vs a beginner bot is just ******ed and pointless after 2 games of practice on that new champ when learning the mechanics of that champ. you got because you gain the most knowledge of that build/play style of that new champ when you play against REAL people not some bot that sits their letting you bash on them for 3/4 hp then attempts to run away.

Sorbon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakantus View Post
The entire purpose of normal games, at least in my mind, is to learn to play the champions or builds I haven't nailed down 100%. If it was ranked, I'd make sure we have our tank/jungle/proper ap/ad mix etc, but in a normal I couldn't care less. If we lose, oh well, I'll learn more from a loss than I will from a 20 minute win anyway.
If what exists in your mind is not what you're observing, and you continually run into folks who disagree, then you at best are stubborn and at worst suffer cognitive dissonance.

Most people are intent on winning normal games. There are a tremendous number of players who have no interest in playing ranked at all.

You are wrong, my friend. Learn new champs when they fit the composition. If you need help with the timing of skillshots and the like, bots are still your best bet.

Kyryck

03-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakantus View Post
The entire purpose of normal games, at least in my mind, is to learn to play the champions or builds I haven't nailed down 100%. If it was ranked, I'd make sure we have our tank/jungle/proper ap/ad mix etc, but in a normal I couldn't care less. If we lose, oh well, I'll learn more from a loss than I will from a 20 minute win anyway.

Now, I will play my best. I won't feed. I won't intentionally build my champion wrong, although I may experiment a bit beyond the forum recommended builds. But I am not going to play rammus just because we need a tank when the only reason I am playing a normal game is to perfect my ashe/yi/mf/whoever game.
Go play a bot game then. Don't waste other people's time because you want to be a petulant little child who wants to play the game in his own 'special snowflake' way. You want to play by yourself, your own way, to perfect a build, go play a practice game. You're likely one of those whiny buggers that shrieks like a banshee about how people are 'building wrong' or 'not picking the right champ' in your precious ranked games.