No, I won't play a tank/jungle/ap in your normal game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Smellis

03-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidog889 View Post
Thank you Drakantus.... I think some people take normal games too seriously. I've had more than a couple games where people were *****ing like it was a ranked game or something.
Believe it or not but there ARE people who just play normal games. Mostly for the reason of avoiding ranked tryhards/trolls/QQers and just general ranked nonsense you see.

While i don't think you should be concerned about a balanced team that much, it helps. But going into a normal game to try out something new is wasting your team's time anyway. Auto losing because you didn't wanna try out your idea on the new bots is still annoying ranked or normal.

At least have some courtesy when going into a normal game. Don't expect other to tank/cc/ap for you. And at least put SOME effort into a win.

Emnious

03-22-2011

I wish people in Normals would decide they want to play junglers a bit more often.

I think around 80% of my normal games since hitting level 30 I've played the jungler. Sure, it's made me a very good jungle player and every time I see a bad one on my team I just laugh at how I know I would have done a bit better. I would like to be able to play something else once in a while though.

Guess I'm not selfish enough.

iHarlequin

03-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellis View Post
Believe it or not but there ARE people who just play normal games. Mostly for the reason of avoiding ranked tryhards/trolls/QQers and just general ranked nonsense you see.

While i don't think you should be concerned about a balanced team that much, it helps. But going into a normal game to try out something new is wasting your team's time anyway. Auto losing because you didn't wanna try out your idea on the new bots is still annoying ranked or normal.

At least have some courtesy when going into a normal game. Don't expect other to tank/cc/ap for you. And at least put SOME effort into a win.
This. While I think you should play whatever champion you want (since I'm so nice, I do pick what my team needs every now and then), feeding the other team or just slacking is out of question.

You need to remember that there are several sub-30 players, or even lv. 30 players that would rather play a calm, normal game than the constant pressure that is a ranked match. Don't ruin their game. If you have absolutely no clue concerning whether your build will work or not, do a match against bots.

beradical

03-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otzd View Post
As long as you don't pick a jungler when I already picked a jungler I don't care.
lol, I've never seen that happen, but daaaamn that would be funny.

Rylis

03-23-2011

The best teams use both jungles.

Chingmeister

03-23-2011

By not picking a tank or tanky dps you are intentionally causing your team to lose and intentionally feeding by taking underpowered and squishy champions...

I salute you. It takes balls to play who you want how you want regardless of the fact that it will cause you to lose.

Modevasion

03-23-2011

Smellis,
I understand some people only play normal games... But when they do the very things that can make ranked games so unenjoyable what's the point of them not playing? I don't try to intentionally lose the game, I play all of my games to the best of my ability... But I don't appreciate people raging at me like I'm trash for picking someone i wanted to practice with, instead of the tank they don't even want to play.

isobold

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2011

Well: if you want to practice, why not play a practice game? You will not be able to refine your skills with a bad team-comp anyways. You will never know how to play a well supported carry, if you never get supported ...

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by isobold View Post
Well: if you want to practice, why not play a practice game? You will not be able to refine your skills with a bad team-comp anyways. You will never know how to play a well supported carry, if you never get supported ...
This, a thousand times. Normal games may not be as "serious" as Ranked games, but the practice modes exist for a reason. You want to try out a new build, or refine your style, or test out a new champion? Play a few practice games and figure out the little things you need to know before you need to use them in a real game. Normal games exist to refine your basic understanding further so that you can move on to Ranked, but that won't happen if your entire team is full of nothing but CC-less ranged carries because "that's what everyone wanted to play".

If your team has terrible synergy and coordination, you're not going to learn anything.

Gunflame

03-23-2011

Personally if I have NEVER used a champion I'll go test it on bots. But only for 2-3 games.

How can you practice jungling and ganking against bots? not really possible. I usually have 2-3 champions I want to play in ranked. sometimes I instant lock sometimes I don't.

At the moment it is Lux, Jungle Eve and Maokai