No Sound EVER!!!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sumico

03-22-2011

It started with the PvP.net client. The sound slowly started getting more and more quiet until finally there is no sound.

Now it is doing it in game. I can only barely hear anything with the volume turned all the way up, and God forbid and windows alerts pop up while it's like that (so loud).

Srahman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2011

Well, I like to play ingame without sounds.(Better performance) But the client? O_o Never happened to me.

jaywatford

Lead Sound Designer

03-24-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Hey Sumico,

Have you checked your audio settings in-game and in the air client? Also, be sure to check your audio settings in Windows while the game is running, as applications can have their own audio settings now. If these all seem fine and you are still having the problem please let us know.

Thanks!

Sumico

03-28-2011

Bless you kind sir!!!

I didn't realize applications could have different volumes.

I think it was teamspeak's volume reducing plugin that ended up causing the problem. If I adjust the volume while teamspeak has the volume turned down for everything, it screws with LoL's volume.

jaywatford

Lead Sound Designer

03-28-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Glad to help

I had the same problem a while back because I'm more used to the Mac OS. The different volumes for different applications gave me fits for a while.