how to 1v2 a lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zagurim

03-23-2011

1. Pick a champ that can 2v1 well
2. Pick Teleport to give you a get out of jail free card and use is only when absolutely needed to avoid death or return to turret ASAP because they are hitting it
3. Try and pick an item that gives you regen if you have none naturally (i.e. regrowth pendant)
4. Make sure to monitor your positioning so minions are only hitting you if absolutely necessary
5. When they push tower make targeting decision based on clearing tower as quickly as possible (so between directly hitting champs and the more typical clearing minions so turret focuses champ)

For champion selection in general:

1. Pick someone who can last hit well
2. Pick someone who can clear waves quickly (aoe typically)
3. Pick someone who has some what to regen health
4. Pick someone who has an ability that works well with hugging tower (blitz pull, shen taunt, stuns, etc)

Just my 2 cents

Butterface

03-23-2011

if your having problems pick a hero who can harass effectively and get your jungler to gank theyll have to zoning you out in fear of a jungle gank

Teldin

03-23-2011

I think what this guy means is that if the game is already started, and he's found himself soloing a lane, what should he do. The correct answer has already been said; ask someone to switch out with you who can solo defend the lane. Heimer, Mundo, Nunu, even Tristana with plenty of heals can solo it for a while. Otherwise, tell your jungler you need help and he should stop jungling. Even if your jungler comes in for a quick attack every now and then, this should keep them from seperating you from the action by cutting off your access to the minions, since they'll be a little more cautious.

Crazyflames

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2011

1 word, Gangplank, get deny first and its an ANTI-PUSH ability making their minions come to your tower making you extremely safe. Get W next for CC reduction and alot of heals (I prefer to max this with 1 rank in QE, Q still provides safe harrassment/last hitting at lvl 1, don't build pure gold p/5 gankplank please...) Also W provides much more safety than getting your Q, I get flash just to make sure if I overextend that ime close enough to flash near my tower. Finaly at lvl 7, go for the double kill unless their VERY CC heavy champs with tons of survivability (they should be lvl 4, you should be lvl 7) Obviously you can also go wiith what other people said for some 1v2 champs.

Morcaar

03-23-2011

Either a character with a health regen ability and/or ranged. basically, a good laner period.
Also, you had no mention of your jungler coming to gank them even though you were always pushed to your own tower. If your jungler wasn't ganking them, then that was just bad on his part.

zhudac

03-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyde View Post
Champion with either good and cheap aoe, high survivability, range or ''no mana/good mp5/energy...'' are good choice. Teleport is an great choice for 2v1 imo.

-Mordekaiser got his shield and clear waves like no tomorrow. The level advantage actualy make you a threat in 2v1.
-Gragas got a huge mana/hp regen and survivability, with many aoe.
-Nasus got passive lifesteal, aoe, his slow can save you from a tower dive. He lack range but a solo lane benefit him greatly.
-Anivia huge aoe and egg.
-Morganna large selection of aoe with her passive give her a good hp regen.
-Renekton No mana, high combo burst, aoe and hp regen...

Alot of champion can stand 2v1. But what really make it easy or hard is the 2 others. I'm usualy fine 2v1, but once i was against MF+Caitlyth. They push hard, fast and FAR. even with the occasionnal help of the jungler they got the tower before long.
lol MF and Cait on the same team... duolaning with each other

Dondy

03-24-2011

1vs2 laning depends on you gaining a exp advantage on the enemy heroes, and using that exp advantage to harrass/push and eventually even kill the enemy (though the aim usually is just stay alive and farm)

you basically need max awarness from utility, other good but not as neccessary things are:
strength of spirit (def)
hardiness (def)
veterans scars (def)
meditation (utility)

teleport helps alot in keeping your tower safe, if it's down your jungler will get pressured most likely.
somebody else on your team should have fortify + reinforce (def) so enemies don't just stand there and wait for it to wear off.

rune setup should basically be similarly defensive like
flat mres marks (there's no better defensive option for marks, actually desolation for better lasthitting might help more)
flat armor seals (alot of early damage comes from autoattacks)
flat mres glyphs (the other part is obviously magic)
flat hp quints (silly expensive imho, but usefull)

nasus used to be a great 1vs2 but i think there are now so many heroes that can simply harrass way too well and don't need that much farm to do fine later - that a 1vs2 lane isn't really viable unless you have silly enemies. additionally nasus is way too dependant on farming up his q.
also his passive is kinda totally **** early game where he doesn't even have sheen - thus having no damage since he can't put sustained damage on creeps / enemies because he will get harrassed way too hard for that. the minion buff also kinda hit his spirit fire hard, so you need to level like:
qeewer,r>e>q>w getting wither up last reduces your utility for the team by alot too, esp since your q is already **** farmed.

the idea of a jungler/roamer coming to help you is totally silly too, usually the jungler will want to gank the 2vs2 or 1vs1 lanes to have a higher chance of actually getting a kill instead of "wasting" his time with harrassing in a 1vs2 lane and maybe even dying.

well that was it from my random whining - too lazy to continue writing, you probably get the point.
1vs2 bad or enemies really bad

Lownak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuslegend View Post
i was using galio, and they were anivia blitz -.-
bad luck man, i go galio 2v1 lane pretty often, max out gust first and try to keep in xp range, ater hitting lvl 7 you can kill the caster minions with gust+smite and youll be fine.

Gunflame

03-24-2011

Galio and chogath own 2v1 lanes

Maal

03-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhudac View Post
lol MF and Cait on the same team... duolaning with each other
Yup, But they were alway over the river so they couldnt farm as much if they were solo, and they fed our tryd jungle.