Best runes for DPS svir?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pwnacus Maximus

02-13-2010

Svir is one of my new favorite characters, and I want to know which are the best runes for her. One build I found on leaguecraft.com said ALL attack speed runes, is this a good idea? or should I go with something else?

smokeD

02-13-2010

Um, that all attack speed rune will be for the push potential. I would go Armor Pen, Dodge, Health Quints, and Attack speed.

SmecssRaege

02-13-2010

what i personally use (to a pretty nice degree of success)

is:

Reds: Crit DMG (Furor)
Quint: Crit DMG (Furor)
Blue: MP/5 per lvl (Clarity)
Yellow: MP/5 per lvl (Clarity)

lets me spam boomerang blade anytime its up and never have to turn ricocchet off, and once i get into the laterish game (40 minutes+) i can do a pretty good DPS when im sitting on 80-90%+ crit with IE / starks / ulti / elixirs and what not =P

Rayansaki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2010

Although it isn't the best for maximizing the dps, I like an hybrid rune build the best:

Reds: Armor Penetration
Yellow: Dodge
Blue: Magic Resist per Level
Quints: Attack Speed or Armor Penetration

Mrtakeiteasy

02-13-2010

I would say...

Red: Armor Penetration
Blue: MP/5
Quint: something awesome! dodge maybe?

I would hybrid most of what the others say, but depending on how you play, if you get mp/5 early on, you can then be like all the S ranked sivirs and spam ricochet and never cry over spilled milk because you recover as much mp as you use.

ArkhamHorror

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrtakeiteasy View Post
I would say...

Red: Armor Penetration
Blue: MP/5
Quint: something awesome! dodge maybe?

I would hybrid most of what the others say, but depending on how you play, if you get mp/5 early on, you can then be like all the S ranked sivirs and spam ricochet and never cry over spilled milk because you recover as much mp as you use.
What he said. ARMOR PEN is the best on sivir for dps, and max it out in game with a Black cleaver and a Stark.

Pwnacus Maximus

02-14-2010

I'm not gonna bother with mp/5 runes, the foundation of any of my svir builds is the chalice, so I usually never have to worry about mana, and in all of the games i've played i've never died because I was oom.

TonyOrtiz

02-14-2010

I play her a lot and I go with pretty much what others do. Remember there are a few stats that cap out, and a few that don't. Since attack speed is one of them, I don't rune it, especially when you will be buying items that will take you well over 1.5 attacks/second. Cap is @ 2.5 and you really don't need more than 1.5. Armor pen is great. You can put people below 0 armor and deal more damage with armor pen. Plus, you will most likely buy a Last Whisper or Black Cleaver in most games. With those, plus armor pen runes, you will hit like a truck without crits. Then you don't have to spend all that money on an Infinity and can use it to build a big, team helping item like the Cleaver. I really like mp5 as well because you can skip building the mana regen item if you are good with spell shield, which I am. I still will occasionally build a small mana regen item just so I can spam more. Chalice is really good, plus it has MR which is handy. The one that I don't rune, that most other Sivir's do, is dodge. Yellow has the best mp5 runes, but even if it didn't I wouldn't. Dodge only helps you against physical. So against Patheon and Gangplank it's really good, and against all of the auto attackers it's really good. But if your up against a team of casters it doesn't help you. If I have a few of those pesky auto attacks, I just build Tabi, and if you stay on the move your at 33% right there. I also rock Cleanse and as I mention I am good with spell shield so I'm rarely disabled. If they ever get dodge working right, it will also have diminishing returns so it will only get a little more nerfed as they fix bugs. Also, you will probably end up with at least one P.Dancer in most matches, which gives you another 20%. So here is what I rock with.

Quints: Armor Pen
Red: Armor Pen
Yellow: mp5
Blue: Cooldown

Sorry, I didn't mean to get into my whole build, but I felt like I should explain why I do it this way to help newer players get an idea of how you rune more towards how you build the character. Most characters can be played 2 or even 3 different ways, and Sivir is no exceptions.