A Guide To The Forums

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

B0RN T0X1C

03-07-2012

Should we start a petition for it? or something?

NiceSPDR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2012

I think were okay without one thanks for the idea though!

B0RN T0X1C

03-08-2012

Well Good Luck!

NiceSPDR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2012

Thanks and thank you all for getting this thread past 2000 views!

NiceSPDR

03-08-2012

Thanks you very much riot for the sticky! It really means a lot, seeing as how i put a lot of effort into this it feels nice to see that it has paid off! Thanks again! I will be making a few more basic guides to LoL for new players and i will post the the links in the thread as i make them!

Also seeing how this is now stickied I will try to have it live up to a higher standard, your feedback is what will help me make that happen!

Happy Gaming!
EV3NT H0R1Z0N

NiceSPDR

03-09-2012

Just added in a short piece on the popular zooming problem. Hope that helps a few of you out!

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

03-09-2012

Since this has been stickied, a few minor comments:

• Original Post
  • Overall: Include a table of contents with links to specific posts.
  • Overall: Mention that you need to be level 5 to post in forums other than the NPF or H&S.
  • Overall: The organization seems a bit off; either organize them via most helpful to new players (in which case start with NPF, then H&S, then likely general, guides, and announcements), or simply in the order they appear on the forums page.
  • General Discussion: Rather than 'random aspects,' I would say something like 'anything LoL related that doesn't fit into another forum.'
  • Help & Support: While home of the Wrenchmen, Riot's tech support also hang out there.
  • Lore Discussion: "it's" should be "its"
  • The Tribunal: 'The forum' shouldn't be capitalized.
  • Bug Reports: 'infor' should be 'inform'
  • In-Game HUD: Capitalize the 'g' in 'In-Game', 'Whether' not 'weather'.
  • PVP.net: this isn't the website, this is the program from which you access the store, games, etc. (Where you log in.)
  • The Testing Forums: If you're going to mention the Mac client, I would mention that it's on hold atm.
  • The Private Forums: 'And The Graveyard' isn't necessary; it's threads that were removed from public view and can only viewed by Riot, but that is covered by the rest of the sentence. (It isn't something players need to be bothered with, so I'd keep the sentence as short as possible.)
  • Summoner's Rift: Don't capitalize 'Here.'
  • Twisted Treeline: Don't capitalize 'Here.'

More later?

NiceSPDR

03-09-2012

Thanks Panzer for the feedback, i will make the necessary changes.

And sure the more feedback the better, i know my thread has many flaws and it really helps when you let me know about your ideas and suggestions!

Seeing as it is now stickied i need to try to make it as organized and smooth as i can, your feedback is what allows me to do so Lol and good eye you caught a few typos that i have missed after going through it a few times such as infor and weather!

Happy Gaming!
Ill get to it!

NiceSPDR

03-12-2012

As you may have noticed i reorganized it and fixed the typos! I'm ready for the next whenever you are panzer!

Gobbal Cawk

03-13-2012

Nice thread!