Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Use Spirit Visage on Mundo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IFapForMoney

Recruiter

02-13-2010

For fun. For support. For leech if I want to go dps. Mundo finally seems useful now with spirit visage. They had exec calling.. and ignite. It will bring Singed back up to par with other tanks.

keftes

Recruiter

02-13-2010

You're a tank. Not a support.

IFapForMoney

Recruiter

02-13-2010

Learn to read. kthx.

Kesshisan

Recruiter

02-13-2010

Quote:
keftes:
Why even think of getting starks on mundo?

Quote:
keftes:
You're a tank. Not a support.

This is so wrong.

Mundo can be a tank, but others outshine him as a tank.
Mundo can be support, but his support is in his passive items, not his abilities.
Mundo is dps, but he only has one CC, that is a skill shot, and can be intercepted by minions.

The downside about Mundo is he doesn't do one thing very well, which means no matter which role you choose, someone will always be better than you. However the upside is that Mundo can pick any of the 3 roles and do just fine. This makes Mundo ideal for solo queues.

I have played Mundo as a tank. He does very well if you make liberal use of his ultimate. If nobody on your team needs the Golem buff, be sure to take the time to get it. Golem plus a little CRD can push your ultimate down to 45 seconds. But I will admit that many other pure tanks are better than Mundo.

I have played Mundo as support. This is my item build: Madred's Razor, Boots (Game dependant), Emblem of Valour, Spirit Visage, Aegis of the Legion, Stark's Fervor, Innervating Locket. You're basically a high survivability aura b**ch.

I have played Mundo as dps, and this is where he really shines. Mundo's Massochism makes him do a ton of extra damage. +100 physical damage for 5 seconds at full health, PER ATTACK. (The damage goes up from there.) Meaning if you can get down to 1 attack a second, and land 100% of your attacks, this ability will increase your damage by 500 per use. If you have life leech, your life leech will be affected by this bonus, as well. Many times I'll run into the jungle and heal up on mobs by using Masochism.

The biggest problem with Mundo as DPS is his lack of ability to hold someone still. Anyone with half a brain will know how to avoid cleavers; minions. Minions will intercept Mundo's skill shot. Once you get experience on where people hide/run, you can easily predict their paths, and throw cleavers in to the appropriate place. You still have to overcome the fact that Mundo's slow is only 2 seconds on a 4 second cooldown (base) you can dominate with Mundo.

TheBayHarborButcher,

Questions for you:

I find Malady to be very handy 3rd item for Mundo. Early attack speed can make Mundo a killing machine. In most of my Mundo games I top the minion kills (or come in a close 2nd) while jungling. By level 10 I'm two shotting most Minions with Masochism, and 1 shotting them if Madred's procs. Even if I'm going after champions, the attack speed helps to kill once I actually get to the enemy. Even if you go Spirit Visage 3rd, I'm thinking Malady would be a good 4th.

What are you thoughts?

Kodoku

02-13-2010

Not a good initiator, and his ultimate will not outheal focus fire.

In what world is Mundo a tank?

IFapForMoney

Recruiter

02-13-2010

I think Starks is probably better because it has aura, regen and steal. Malady is better on carries I think. I don't really know. A phage would be a good third item I do know that.

IFapForMoney

Recruiter

02-13-2010

Not a good initiator??? You run in and they waste their abilities on you and you aren't dead so you hit your ult to bring your hp back up. It's pretty simple.

ObjectiveTruth

02-13-2010

I've used Mundo extensively and probably my favorite champion. I use him when i'm on a win streak and don't wanna pwn, just have fun.

He can carry a team if he's fed, like anyone.

His major advantage is mobility. He's a skirmisher

If you play him as a tank, he will die (in a team fight you will be burst to death before your ult gets 1/2 way)

What i suggest, is use your speed, survivability and escape mechanics to your advantage and keep running from lane to lane, ganking, pushing towers, killing minions.

The enemy will not be able to match your speed and i've won quite a few games where my team ain't doing well but i manage to get alot of towers, to the point where they just surrender.

IFapForMoney

Recruiter

02-14-2010

That's what I do. I do indeed tank but before the entire team can even kill me I always flash away or kill the carry first and then I come in. I try to do ganks as much as often because he is fast as hell.