[guide] Shaco: Pennywise eat your heart out

12345678 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zhenn

02-21-2010

Entertaining read

I tried out your build because it was just so convincing (with minor adjustments), and it was fun.

Looking forward to read your next guide.

Mr Tibbers

02-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by condon View Post
@tibbers I tried it, I found it entertaining, but I just have so much more fun playing AP. I can't really speak as to how effective it is to double over AD, because I spent most of my time doing AP or AD, but I can say that it works on paper. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I missed your post.
Oh, no probs. I've never had probs with the doubling build, though I can't say that it's more or less effective than AD. I'm biased, so I don't think my opinion counts.

Generally, I rush a Bloodrazor and Zerker's. From that point, I laugh as I deceive in behind targets and attack like mad with me and my clone. Clone+Original each doing 4% max health every hit? Painful stuff.

NoDebate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2010

So I've read your guide and I will admit openly, I am currently playing an AD Shaco. But hey, admitting you have a problem is the first step in solving it, right?

Anyhow, the first thing I realized is the use of your JITB's and your clone. I look at my own play style and go... Wait a sec? I do this already! I love grabbing Golem's early game, stacking five odd JITB's in the bushes and bait LUL DERP TANK into thinking that I'm easy fodder. More than once I've had a Poppy Heroic Charge me into my JITB Nests, hilarious stuff.

Another favorite is hiding in the bushes nearby, cloning, baiting two or more guys with my clone only to have the clone blow up, me shanky, shanking and my JITB tearing holes through their pretty green bars. A lot of "Nub pwnt" moments.

So, doing a quick double take at your guide, I am slowly (I play AD Shaco, I haz intelligence issues) beginning to realize, that if I stack AP on top of my three favorite abilities (because hey you're right, Deceive = Free Flash) could I not turn my Chopstick Flinging Jester of Pain into a Giggleboxing, Spoon Throwing, Face****ing Machine of Death? Oh, that also knows the secrets of cloning!?

We'll see, I'll be giving AP Shaco a good play test right now. Have a friendly helper run Blitzcrank so he can start his Robo-Discos on my Giggleboxes. Should be a good laugh or two!

condon

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDebate View Post
We'll see, I'll be giving AP Shaco a good play test right now. Have a friendly helper run Blitzcrank so he can start his Robo-Discos on my Giggleboxes. Should be a good laugh or two!
I just wanted you to know, I almost shot zoodles out of my nose after reading "Robo-Discos on my Giggleboxes."

Zephyrlot

02-22-2010

onix....pected....

*dies of suffocation*

NoDebate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by condon View Post
I just wanted you to know, I almost shot zoodles out of my nose after reading "Robo-Discos on my Giggleboxes."
I'll have you know sir, I shot a lot more than zoodles today. This build rocks my socks off. Seriously. In a three short matches, I managed to laugh enough to get the rocks off on a stand up comedian.

AP Shaco is really a thinking man's game but more importantly... It's all about being a Master Baiter. If you can Master Bait better than Little Billy with a photo of Jessica Alba, you're set. Running low on HP constantly, using your clone to draw people in, anything to bring in small groups (preferably solo guys at lower levels) into your nets. Using greed against the enemy is simply priceless! Also is key. Making people blindly chase after you? Yeah, it's delicious. Works even better when they're chasing after other team mates! After all, more HP for you means more killing for you, right?

On top of that, I've discovered that Junglers? Ya know, them nubhats like Feedwick, Noob Nu, and Feedlestix? Actually, anyone who ventures into the Jungle, is your instant *****. Your description of being "Charlie in the bushes" is perfect. I've already gotten close to a dozen kills when an Ashe here or a Pantheon there will run into the Jungle and try and steal *MY* runes. I mean ****, I'm Charlie! This is my Jungle! So I'll sit here in the bushes setting up my Giggleboxes and let them kill off the creep. When they decide it's time to leave Shaco's Jungle, I decide it's time to let loose with my Giggleboxes, spraying their faces with a load or six of giggly fun! And then of course the priceless taunt or two in all chat like, "Hey thanks! I needed that rune!" or... "This my Jungle boy!" or simply... "Nub pwnt."

I appreciate the AP guide and anyone who says AD Shaco can take down an AP Shaco... Just stop there. Join AA (AD-oholics Anonymous) like I did and make the switch. You don't have to follow condon's guide because we all know he's a mean evil man who makes you feel bad about yourself, just give AP Shaco a whirl. Like it was stressed in this guide, it'll take awhile to get the hang of, but it's something that keeps you thinking and is funny as heck to play.

I'm satisfied, rep'n this guide.

*** On a side note, any discussion on how to deal with Oracle's? The game I just completed had the whole other team loaded up on Oracle's like a high school senior on prom night. I mean, it was annoying as hell, don't get me wrong, and I suffered a trio of deaths because of it, but we kicked their asses in the end. However, if I can slay the entire team without so much as breaking a sweat, I'd rather do that.

So any tactics or combos that seem to take down the druggies that buy Oracle's at level eight and keep buying every time they die?

condon

02-22-2010

Quote:
So any tactics or combos that seem to take down the druggies that buy Oracle's at level eight and keep buying every time they die?
I have a revelation for you:

They can't oracles your if you're in the bushes. Same goes for boxes. Also, **** adds up. Make sure they get punished for their crimes.

NoDebate

02-24-2010

So if JITB are stacked in the bushes, they cannot see them, even with Oracles? And does the same apply to yourself if you use Deceive in the bushes?

I mean, perhaps I am playing against some very paranoid teams mid/late-game, which means I'm clearly doing my job, but it seems by about minute 15, any hero they have with an AoE is spamming every bush known to mean with at least one Oracle's and one ready for backup.

condon

02-24-2010

Quote:
So if JITB are stacked in the bushes, they cannot see them, even with Oracles? And does the same apply to yourself if you use Deceive in the bushes?

I mean, perhaps I am playing against some very paranoid teams mid/late-game, which means I'm clearly doing my job, but it seems by about minute 15, any hero they have with an AoE is spamming every bush known to mean with at least one Oracle's and one ready for backup.
Maybe... Maybe. I have yet to see a player that is paranoid enough to escape a clever Shaco.

Set up in the buses right next to their base. Don't be where the action is, be where they would have to run to GET to the action. I mean that they won't see you if they dont have LoS due to bushes, or even corners. For instances, just north of mid, at the path leading up towards the ghost spawns, there is a sharp corner. If you're clever about it you can set up boxes just out of LoS right in the open there so that the next schmuck who runs in *presuming they pulled bottom as home base* will get nicked, oracles or no oracles.

Remember too, it's not all about trap nests. If they aren't getting you results, play like you don't even have invisibility. Deceive is now a blink. Boxes are now visible all the time.

Does it look to you like you're worthless now? No. You just need to be ballsier, sneaksier, and overall less "sit and lay tarps"ier.

Being a one trick pony is not what AP shaco is about. It's about going Hiroshima on those pricks before they can say "Oh **** oh **** my spleen where the **** oh god why would you do that christ **** **** ****it theres a shiv in my kidney" which is about how long you have between JitB, shock, and panic when they see themselves go from full to one bar.

Nabonidus

02-24-2010

Yet another fun filled and informative guide from Condon. <3

Sadly, it's one I probably won't ever use, because I tried AP shaco for a bit a while back, and always did poorly. His groove is just off my wavelength, I guess.

+1 for awesomeness anyway though.

12345678 ... 13