[guide] Shaco: Pennywise eat your heart out

1234567 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaosGopherSucks

02-19-2010

Great guide, I loved it. However, the only major trouble i have is mana problems, is it worth it to get any mana regen items (i.e. chalice) before say void staff or should I just spam less JitB/Shiv?

condon

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunster View Post
Great guide, I loved it. However, the only major trouble i have is mana problems, is it worth it to get any mana regen items (i.e. chalice) before say void staff or should I just spam less JitB/Shiv?
Shiv chews your mana like nobodies business early, for very little damage output. I'd avoid using that unless you were packing golem. Remember, later on you can snag golem super easy with a jitb and hallucinate and it will be worth it in spades for the mana regen and CDR. Also, you can set up a box nest in your normal place, but on the enemy golem spawn, and if someone just happens to wander into it before you actually start fighting the golem, well, all the power to you.

Yippers

02-19-2010

First off, anybody who manages to reference Pennywise hits me in the curiosity like a crotchshot for a masochist. Props. The guide itself is charming, intriguing, and unorganized. Reaping the gems of experience is quite literally headbanging a brick wall of text. Others would deem it "reading", but still... alienation of audience is a harsh cost for the luxury lack of BBCoding.

Regardless, you definitely stirred the sewer-clown in me. And enjoyable read +1.

condon

02-19-2010

I write guides like I play tanks. Fat, sloppy, kinda ****ed up but as effective as they can be.

ChaosGopherSucks

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by condon View Post
Shiv chews your mana like nobodies business early, for very little damage output. I'd avoid using that unless you were packing golem. Remember, later on you can snag golem super easy with a jitb and hallucinate and it will be worth it in spades for the mana regen and CDR. Also, you can set up a box nest in your normal place, but on the enemy golem spawn, and if someone just happens to wander into it before you actually start fighting the golem, well, all the power to you.
Do you have any advice on laning against two ranged? I find that JitB and Shiv are the only two ways I can basically stop them from totally harassing me. I just finished a game where I laned against Anivia and Nidalee, and the harassment was too much :/. How can I deal with ranged without spamming JitB or Shiv?

condon

02-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunster View Post
Do you have any advice on laning against two ranged? I find that JitB and Shiv are the only two ways I can basically stop them from totally harassing me. I just finished a game where I laned against Anivia and Nidalee, and the harassment was too much :/. How can I deal with ranged without spamming JitB or Shiv?
A rough combo, to be sure. My best advice there would be to hang out in the bushes as much as possible, making sure not to stand in obvious places and throwing down JitB whenever possible. It may be a ****ty alternative to raping two dumbfounded melee characters... but really, would you enjoy the game if it was always that easy?

If you're having too much trouble, you can always ask for a lane change. It's a hit to exp and gold generation, but if you think there is a situation you can't handle it's better to fix it before it gets out of hand.

Franz Josef

02-19-2010

I gonna try out AP (after over 150 games on the other side).
Though I fear my hallucinate bomb will not please me as much as my rampage dummie does now.
But The Bonus Dmg on Jacks and 2-Shiv could match that out. We'll see.

Rectal Necrosis

02-20-2010

Sorry condon, for once I can't agree with you man. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm just sick of perfectly good crit characters getting turned into little AP *****es. I mean, I understand bursting your clone is painful, six jack in the boxes in a bush is painful, and other AP stacks are painful, and that characters cannot possibly get better unless new things are experimented with them (see DPS annie, dodge card master, AP jax, AP cho, etc...), but why do you honestly prefer AP /over/ DPS/crit/AD?

condon

02-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekmaster View Post
Sorry condon, for once I can't agree with you man. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm just sick of perfectly good crit characters getting turned into little AP *****es. I mean, I understand bursting your clone is painful, six jack in the boxes in a bush is painful, and other AP stacks are painful, and that characters cannot possibly get better unless new things are experimented with them (see DPS annie, dodge card master, AP jax, AP cho, etc...), but why do you honestly prefer AP /over/ DPS/crit/AD?
Honestly? Because when I face up against someone as AP Shaco, I put one good nest and get a kill. After that, I play like any other assassin, no waiting around, just using boxes for vision. I move up and down the map nuking and harassing, and generally but the fear of god into the enemy team. They move more cautiously through the bushes, always think im MIA, and generally speaking have poor map control because I can see every god **** thing.

They are overall slowed. They fear nests that aren't there, they travel in groups so I can go BD towers. They don't expect it when just the clone walks in.

I have more fun that way as well. I avoid going AD as much as possible. Gankplank is pretty much my only AD char, other than trist/ashe when it's absolutely required.

In summation: More fun, psychological warfare, right click is boring.

Rectal Necrosis

02-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by condon View Post
Honestly? Because when I face up against someone as AP Shaco, I put one good nest and get a kill. After that, I play like any other assassin, no waiting around, just using boxes for vision. I move up and down the map nuking and harassing, and generally but the fear of god into the enemy team. They move more cautiously through the bushes, always think im MIA, and generally speaking have poor map control because I can see every god **** thing.

They are overall slowed. They fear nests that aren't there, they travel in groups so I can go BD towers. They don't expect it when just the clone walks in.

I have more fun that way as well. I avoid going AD as much as possible. Gankplank is pretty much my only AD char, other than trist/ashe when it's absolutely required.

In summation: More fun, psychological warfare, right click is boring.

Then we have something in common. You play an AP shaco for the same reasons I stack four warmogs on twisted fate when playing against a shaco, a twitch, or an evelynn. Simply so you can knock your opponents off their asses in confusion.

But can't an AD shaco do the same thing as an AP shaco? I mean, sure the jack in the boxes won't score the kill, but if a champion is soloing a lane and gets two shotted without ever seeing their assailant, isn't that just as good?

And finally, about your clone. Perhaps I simply just fail at controling more than one unit. But don't you run into the "Oh no! MY clone is too far away from me! I must run after him!" problem as well?

1234567 ... 13