Short Sweet Ahri Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PwnSword

12-15-2011

This is a repost of a reponse I mad ein another thread but I figure its valuable enough to up here.

First off, for this hero, you need a lot of practice with skill shots and micro managing, this hero requires a lot of clicking to maximize her.

I start with boots (cause she so slow, speed helps with dodging enemy skill shots, and positioning yourself to land skill shots) and pots ( 1 health 2, mana pots) then get sheen. With these 2 items you now have enough damage to srsly wreck any hero in the early game (you might want to grab blue if you can, ask jungler first.) (or carry an extra mana pot early game, it may get you a kill, or save you or an allies life).

Max q, followed by W, and finally 1 point in e for the cc, ideally u want as much burst as possible early game, hence q and w maxing, and get ult every time it comes up. Ok, now here is why sheen is mandatory, because after each skill you use, you need to land that auto attack, and make sure you have 2 seconds apart on each skill usage. 1 exception When they are half health, I go in for the kill, I lead with Q and AA (auto attack), then pop W and ult near to them, AA, ult again, AA, Q is up normally by now, finish them with ir, and save last ult to get away, or use it to finish them. This will kill most heroes if executed properly. ( I waste an AA between W and ult because they start running as soon as you ult towards them, so I rather have it land in a huge burst as a surprise, losing large chunks of health and being charged encourages a run response in most gamers.)

With those 2 items you should be able to get some easy kills, if you are good with Skill shots, micro, and move attacking. If you are not good at these things, you can either practice, give up playing her, or play her and fail.

Depending on how you are doing, you can go to teir 2 boots (Sorc is what I usually use, but CDR boots not bad either) OR you can go upgrade it sometime later, your call.

Next item - her damage is perfect where it is, you need some beef, get Giant belt, and then turn it into rylai, this is amazing cause all your skills now slow = Skill Shot easier to land, and she has survivability, and some AP, im not a fan of massive AP on her, she has really bad scaling, this is why after Rylai, I personally build Lich bane right away, because 150 - 200 extra damage on every auto attack between my skills is better than 70 or 80, and spending tonnes of gold on AP is not going to be as effective.

After those items, you don't need much else, you can go Spell vamp but I hear it doesnt work well with Q on return (true damage can't proc spell vamp) and also does not stack with passive (rumour, not confirmed) You could go zhonya's if people are targeting you, basically, anything you want, now your AP scaling is gonna be great on auto attacks cause of Lich bane, so AP becomes much More viable.

Some people say Cap first, I disagree for reasons Above, good luck pwning.

Oh btw I run flash and ignite typically, also I run mpen reds, armor or health yellow (health more effective for mid, or in general cause it helps vs AD and AP, again imo, and I don't want to buy more runes right now lol, I also run mp5 scaling blues cause its best I got for caster runes, and I run Mpen and Health quints, as you know, I don't favor AP on her, although if you want to sacrifice early game, you can pump AP runes for when you get lich bane, ie what Phreak did in his Preview. You can't go wrong with moar healths.

many people may disagree with the following. I run 9 offense 21 utility, why? Cause I don't care much for AP on her, (is there and echo in hurrr?) and I rather have 10% Cooldown, that tiny bit of speed, more mana, mana regen, and faster leveling is actually OP, Why? Because if you only lane equally to your opponent you will get your ULT first, by a significant amount, enter snowball effect here.

Whats 6 % damage on a almost dead champ? hmm on 300 damage its 18 damage, wow so useful, OR.....oh look I got my ult first, PWNED!

Kitten Pawz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2011

This actually looks like it makes a lot of sense. I'm gonna try this my next game as Ahri and I'll let you know how I do. Thanks for making this guide <3

Kitten Pawz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2011

Well, just played 2 games as Ahri and I wanted to tell you my scores.

First game: 5/0/4
Second game: 9/2/9

Games before I read your build:

2/7/17
2/6/7

Thanks a bunch! <3

PwnSword

12-17-2011

Np. glad it worked for you.

Soulreviver

12-18-2011

For Ahri, this looks like it makes sense. But please don’t dismiss AP builds. I’ve had great luck running with AP builds, as again people underestimate how much damage she can do with AP. Early game, if you are in range to autoattack, you are likely in range to get jumped on. This isn't soraka or fiddle, you cannot silence them. If you try autoattacking, you can get steamrolled by some heavy hitters (one gigantic example is brand, another is malz, ANOTHER is xerath). Not discounting the fact that attacks can work, simply saying its alot more risky. I can grab first blood easily by poking, as if you poke right, your mana shouldn't be a problem, and neither should health. Back to what I was focusing on, AP on ahri can lead to amazing results. The one thing people build against a mage is MR, especially if the mage is owning. What then, do they say to you, when your Q goes out deal maybe 200 damage max, then comes back for another 300 TRUE damage? I say thats 1/6th of their HP gone at the very least and a likely way to take them down if they are low on HP. If you doubt that AP builds work, Grab LoLreplay, search the name soulreviver for replays, and watch the pwnage with ahri AP builds. Oh and for the record, I have versed ahri with the ad build with my ahri AP build. It didn’t end well for her.

Mythrilshotgun

12-18-2011

I've tried a few different builds, and I think I will write my own guide going more in-depth, but I will try this out, too. That extra CDR from utility may give me enough excuse to go DFG for the insta-nuke on those heavies instead of Morello's. I will say my runes go Mpen/Mp5seals/CDR glyphs/health quints. I'd change these out, but I don't have a whole lot of options.

Shadowhazze

12-18-2011

Ahris Q is affected by spell vamp if anyone is wondering.

PwnSword

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulreviver View Post
For Ahri, this looks like it makes sense. But please donít dismiss AP builds. Iíve had great luck running with AP builds, as again people underestimate how much damage she can do with AP. Early game, if you are in range to autoattack, you are likely in range to get jumped on. This isn't soraka or fiddle, you cannot silence them. If you try autoattacking, you can get steamrolled by some heavy hitters (one gigantic example is brand, another is malz, ANOTHER is xerath). Not discounting the fact that attacks can work, simply saying its alot more risky. I can grab first blood easily by poking, as if you poke right, your mana shouldn't be a problem, and neither should health. Back to what I was focusing on, AP on ahri can lead to amazing results. The one thing people build against a mage is MR, especially if the mage is owning. What then, do they say to you, when your Q goes out deal maybe 200 damage max, then comes back for another 300 TRUE damage? I say thats 1/6th of their HP gone at the very least and a likely way to take them down if they are low on HP. If you doubt that AP builds work, Grab LoLreplay, search the name soulreviver for replays, and watch the pwnage with ahri AP builds. Oh and for the record, I have versed ahri with the ad build with my ahri AP build. It didnít end well for her.

Where do you see an AD build? Sheen is not Ad, it's magic damage, it uses your AD to add bonus magic damage, but then you change it to lich bane and it uses AP. Did you even read the entire post? You sound like you are confused. There is no AD in this build.

mxhe

01-21-2012

you build is very similar to what I use for her. only difference is I usually try to get a Fiendish Codex before getting the rylai. its fairly cheap item so it shouldn't delay your getting of the ryali too much. fiendish codex give you mp regen as well as cdr making your miss in skill shots more forgiving.

acosn

01-21-2012

Ahri doesn't actually have poor AP ratios; thing is, all her attacks excluding E hit at least twice, and two of them can hit three times.

Lichbane and Sheen are generally considered bad items on Ahri because of the range required to make them work, as well as the fact that you have very active reasons to be using your spells at a frequency that's too high to allow for auto-attacks. You just look silly taking the time to weave in auto-attacks with an AD carry barreling down on you.

Generally there's only two builds for Ahri; DPS oriented is her optimal build, but only works when your jungler is competent and keeps blue buffs going your way. Otherwise you gear that CDR yourself, and you're looking at a defensively oriented build that doesn't end up compromising too much AP.