Olaf...Q or E first for jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KentukyWaterfall

01-21-2012

Title says it all. Which should I max first in the jungle?

breadbocks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2012

For fastest clear times, Q. For most sustainability, W. For most bat**** OH GOD I ACCIDENTALLY YOU ENTIRE HP BAR shenanigans, E.

Caletrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentukyWaterfall View Post
Title says it all. Which should I max first in the jungle?
If you plan to Jungle with Olaf I Recommend you start with 'W' It gives you that extra life steal and damage. You do not want to be killing yourself as you jungle. I really do not recommend you doing that at all.
Stick with top or bottom lanes, Preferably with someone like Sion or Vayne. I do really well with someone like that.

- Caletrix

Amatzikahni

01-21-2012

I've been jungling Olaf very frequently and this is my analysis. Q will give you the undoubtedly fastest clear time, assuming you have Blue and can make it a 2 sec CD that whacks everything for ~300 damage, but leveling it past 2 is only useful for ganks; you'll be giving all successive blues to your AP carry, and spamming Q will strain your mana pool. E will give you the fastest sustained clearing time and highest ganking burst. W, from my experience, is worthless except when you need to heal up before/after a gank, so I always keep it at rank 1 until ~13. Start with a Vamp Scepter and you can't die unless you let yourself get too low and get invaded.

I max E by 9 because I'm used to laning him. If someone has done a Q-based jungle, let me know how much it strains your mana pool and affects your ganking ability.

Cenerae

01-22-2012

Max Q for clear speed, and level E as your second priority. You only need 1 point in W (gained at lvl 1 or 2 depending on your preference) anyway. Maxing E first won't actually make your ganks any stronger, since your Q will both be hitting very hard and will be on a very low cooldown presuming you can pick it up on the way to the victim.

KentukyWaterfall

01-22-2012

Ok. I have been experimenting with both, and I really haven't noticed a difference other then clearing minion waves much faster after a gank or tower kill is faster with q maxed.

My only concern is that e is much more efficient at a higher rank as far as the damage done to me and the enemy. But if the jungle clear is substantially faster...q it is.