I want to improve my Alistar.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reep

02-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmount View Post
Sheen
Merc Treads
Banshee
Aegis
Warmogs

or.. my favorite..

Dorans Ring
Sheen
Sorc Boots
Soulstealer
Rylais
Deathfire

(ignite/flash) Don't underestimate AP Alistar. I'm convinced that right now it is the absolute best way to play him. Very little letdown in tanking ability thanks to his ult. His pulverize will be hitting 2-3 people for ~500 damage, and the unlucky guy you headbutt will take a total of 1k damage.

He can farm, fight, tank.. and he's perfect for the current metagame. I've swapped out sheen for an Aegis before and had great results also. You're not useless after your 1-2 combo because of ignite/deathfire.
I will give this a shot, but the Soulstealer concerns me.. Wouldn't Rod of Ages be a better investment than Deathfire+Soulstealer? Deathfire is pure damage, and your carries would be much better off with the kills than an AP/Tank/Support champion. Soulstealer sure would boost your damage, but if you're playing against any decent team you're going to lose those stacks quickly. I like the idea of Rylais Sceptor though.

Dragonmount

02-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reep View Post
I will give this a shot, but the Soulstealer concerns me.. Wouldn't Rod of Ages be a better investment than Deathfire+Soulstealer? Deathfire is pure damage, and your carries would be much better off with the kills than an AP/Tank/Support champion. Soulstealer sure would boost your damage, but if you're playing against any decent team you're going to lose those stacks quickly. I like the idea of Rylais Sceptor though.
Well, I tend to rack up obscene amounts of assists.. probably 1 kill and 4 assists per death or so. I've never gotten to 20 stacks but I usually sit around 10-15 or so. I'm not a big fan of rods, but it definitely would go well with Rylais.

Dorans Ring, Sorc Boots, RoA, Rylais, and Deathfire.. much better IMO. Good suggestion. 3.7k hp and 250 ability power. That's a heavy ass headbutt. (550)

Typically..
Flash+pulverize+headbutt takes down my main target.. and then physical attacks + ignite + deathfire absolutely cripple the 2nd opponent. Whether they're dead or just have to blue pill.. that's 2/5 that were 100% mitigated.

Pigmancer

02-13-2010

You people and your dps alistars! You make me SICK

Mana Manipulator (Or start on your tear)
Tear
Boots
Boots of switfness
Heart of Gold
Soul Shroud (only if you went mana manip)
Warmogs or Archangel's
Whichever you didn't get
<Insert tank item here>

You can always change it up a bit.. to accomadate their heroes, but.....

DPS ALISTAR = NO.. BAD.. NO *Slaps your wrist*

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2010

did you know that pushing towers win games? You can tank a tower a lot as a tank Alistar. You can destroy a tower in seconds with a sheen centered build. If you want to comment on how Alistar should be played, you should at least be decent with him enough to see the strengths in both builds.
I personally think a AP centered build on Alistar is silly stupid, but both tank builds, and sheen to tank or sheen to dps are very solid. AP is kinda silly, does a bit more damage, but for the cost, you wont be farmed enough to really hurt towers until very late game, and Alistar is a early-mid-game champ-star.