Do you think she's a good Champion?

Yes 34 49.28%
Yes, but she could use some tweaking 26 37.68%
No, in need of serious adjustments 3 4.35%
No 6 8.70%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

CHAMPION IDEA: Fleena, The Floral Mystic

1234567 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhantomFace262

03-23-2011

Very original concept and really cool ideas overall. I especially want to commend your use of the bushes for something else than teemo's mushrooms. Makes your pathing abilities really key in deciding where to bring the fights. I definitely approve of this champion; especially with considering the awesome synergy she'd have with a lane partner like Blitzcrank.

I don't know that I would change anything necessarily, but I don't want to hand out some thought candies - something to chew on but you don't have to take as a need for serious improvement haha.

It seems to me that a champion that is this involved would have some poison effect somewhere in there. Maybe that can be provided for the Ravenous Vines so that you can nudge a bit of DoT while in places nowhere near your little bush bases.

Also, I don't know about you, but when I get attacked by various vegetation while out hiking, the first encounter doesn't usually agitate me as much, but by the fourth or fifth time of being brushed by some nettle or another, it really starts to agitate me. My thought is that if an enemy is silly enough (again) to chase you through a consecutive number of bushes, maybe another effect for their efforts.

I just saw this, but quick question. What duration lasts for two minutes with Ravenous Vines? The activate or the passive? And if it's the passive, does it really need such a long limit? I say if you're that patient to be sitting in the grasses like that, you might as well get the continued effect.

But that's just me. Like I said, you've already got two big thumbs from me on your champion. Haha. Very well done.

Bump N Grind

03-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomFace262 View Post
Very original concept and really cool ideas overall. I especially want to commend your use of the bushes for something else than teemo's mushrooms. Makes your pathing abilities really key in deciding where to bring the fights. I definitely approve of this champion; especially with considering the awesome synergy she'd have with a lane partner like Blitzcrank.

I don't know that I would change anything necessarily, but I don't want to hand out some thought candies - something to chew on but you don't have to take as a need for serious improvement haha.

It seems to me that a champion that is this involved would have some poison effect somewhere in there. Maybe that can be provided for the Ravenous Vines so that you can nudge a bit of DoT while in places nowhere near your little bush bases.

Also, I don't know about you, but when I get attacked by various vegetation while out hiking, the first encounter doesn't usually agitate me as much, but by the fourth or fifth time of being brushed by some nettle or another, it really starts to agitate me. My thought is that if an enemy is silly enough (again) to chase you through a consecutive number of bushes, maybe another effect for their efforts.

I just saw this, but quick question. What duration lasts for two minutes with Ravenous Vines? The activate or the passive? And if it's the passive, does it really need such a long limit? I say if you're that patient to be sitting in the grasses like that, you might as well get the continued effect.

But that's just me. Like I said, you've already got two big thumbs from me on your champion. Haha. Very well done.
lol the Duration on Ravenous Vines is how long it stays as a dormant trap on the ground. I'll make it more clear, thanks for the heads up!

I was originally going to add a poison effect to Malicious Thorns, but I figured that would be kinda cliche, and Teemo's already got that going on for him, so why not poke holes in the armor instead And Teemo's shroom poison's as well, so the stun is already kind of a remake of the usual trap, so poison would just make this an improved version of the shroom lol (imo) but Ravenous Vines Passive is kind of like a poison (giving DoT) so I feel it balances out

But I listen to the community, if more suggestions for a poison effect are made, I'll squeeze it in

Bump N Grind

03-23-2011

Bump bump bump.....

Onorous

03-23-2011

Cool stuff. I can see you put a lot of thought into it and it seems really solid. Hope it all works out.

Bump N Grind

03-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onorous View Post
Cool stuff. I can see you put a lot of thought into it and it seems really solid. Hope it all works out.
Thanks

WhiteCastle7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2011

This may have been posted before but since I don't have the time to read through those few pages right now, I'll just point this out:

Her passive would be INCREDIBLY situational since some bushes cover such a large area that by the time the enemy gets to her, they won't be blinded anymore, making the passive completely useless.
On the other hand, if they enter exactly where she is, the passive becomes extremely useful.

Personally, I'd switch her passive with her other passive ability, the DoT while inside the same bush. (EDIT: and possibly making her other ability work alongside said passive, like after using an ability within a bush, enemies hit would be blinded if they stay within the bush or something -just throwing an idea /EDIT)

Otherwise, she looks like a decent champ, although, much like almost every support, extremely reliant on a good situation with teammates.

Bump N Grind

03-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCastle7 View Post
This may have been posted before but since I don't have the time to read through those few pages right now, I'll just point this out:

Her passive would be INCREDIBLY situational since some bushes cover such a large area that by the time the enemy gets to her, they won't be blinded anymore, making the passive completely useless.
On the other hand, if they enter exactly where she is, the passive becomes extremely useful.

Personally, I'd switch her passive with her other passive ability, the DoT while inside the same bush. (EDIT: and possibly making her other ability work alongside said passive, like after using an ability within a bush, enemies hit would be blinded if they stay within the bush or something -just throwing an idea /EDIT)

Otherwise, she looks like a decent champ, although, much like almost every support, extremely reliant on a good situation with teammates.
Her passive is situational, but even a 2 second blind can help out a lot, especially when ganking from those tiny bushes in the jungle or running away and using a bush. If an enemy is blinded for two seconds and are literally right behind you, that's enough to turn around and cast a snare trap, or if they're low on HP too then you can counter. No ability is perfect, they just have the perfect use for certain occasions.

And of course, like all supports, she is dependent on a good team. That's been an issue for support players since the start, supports aren't very offensive, they just help make an offensive. (Talking about true supports, not champs which have only one ability that can be used supportively.)

Bump N Grind

03-24-2011

Ok for the people who down vote this, could you at least leave a comment as to why this was down voted???

Bump N Grind

03-24-2011

Bump

Dracklore

03-24-2011

I like that you thought to use the terrain for more than just hiding.

I believe that her herbs should be able to be cast on enemies and cause a slowing effect and/or poison damage after a small delay.

1234567 ... 13