Do you think she's a good Champion?

Yes 34 49.28%
Yes, but she could use some tweaking 26 37.68%
No, in need of serious adjustments 3 4.35%
No 6 8.70%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

CHAMPION IDEA: Fleena, The Floral Mystic

1234511 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bump N Grind

03-21-2011

Fleena, The Floral Mystic

Roles:
- Ranged
- Mage
- Support
- Heal
- Snare

Lore:
The Plague Jungles are a mystery to many. Few have ever explored what lies within the jungles, even fewer have returned. The jungles are home to an ancient race of mystics who are said to be born from the jungle itself. Deep in the very heart of the vast jungle lies the Mystic Glade. In the center of the glade lies the throne of Lady Syrena, leader of these mystics and mother of the young Fleena. Fleena is always venturing through the woods in search of some excitement, but hardly gets any since no one has visited the jungle in decades. Growing up she would hear about occasional travelers who met their end in the jungles at the hands of Fleena's kin. Fleena would wait anxiously day after day, hoping to see one of these travelers.

One day, while on her usual rounds, Fleena heard whispers amongst the trees of newcomers who entered the forest. Overcome with excitement, Fleena went to the location of these newcomers, eager to see what they looked like. She found them, but was taken back when she saw how harmless they were, or rather they seemed harmless. Letting her guard down, Fleena approached these beings and introduced herself. One of the beings, probably the leader, approached Fleena and introduced himself as Prince Jarvan IV of Demacia. After talking for a while, Fleena learned they were humans and that Jarvan was in search of something, but she could not fully understand. It wasn't long before Syrena and other mystics showed up, but Fleena pleaded with her mother to leave the humans alone. Syrena was shocked by her daughter's actions, but agreed to do so, but demanded the humans left immediately. To Syrena's further dismay, Fleena asked if she could go with Jarvan, and after much debate she was allowed to leave her home for the very first time. Jarvan wasn't all for it, but he owed it to the girl for saving him and his men.

Accompanying Jarvan on his travels was exciting for Fleena and a whole new experience. Arriving at the Institute of War, Jarvan told Fleena to go in there where she would find all sorts of excitement and that he would return soon to join her. Fleena was immediately given a new home and allowed to participate in the League battles, something she looked forward to.

"Every flower bears deadly thorns, especially this one." - Prince Jarvan IV

Appearance:
There are many ways to design her, so here are some ideas to build from...
Attachment 138396 Attachment 138397 Attachment 138398

Abilities:

NOTE: Ability numbers can always be readjusted, the main focus to look at is the type of skills, effects, and targets they have.

Irritating Pollen (Passive)
Fleena commands the plants around her to release large amounts of pollen. Enemies who enter the same brush as Fleena are blinded by pollen. If Fleena enters a brush after an enemy, there's a 2 second delay before this ability can take effect on them. (Cannot affect the same target in the same brush for another 10 seconds.)
- Blind: 1/1.5/2 seconds at levels 1/8/16

Malicious Thorns (Q)
Fleena shoots tiny thorns in a narrow cone in front of her, dealing damage and poking holes in the target's armor, temporarily reducing their armor.
- Cone-style targeting
- Damage: 50/90/135/185/240 (+0.6 AP)
- Armor Reduction: 9/14/20/27/35 (+1 for every 50 AP) armor for 2/2.6/3.2/3.8/4.4 seconds
- Mana Cost: 80/85/90/95/100
- Cooldown: 7 seconds at all levels

Ravenous Vines (W)
Passive: Fleena commands the brush around her to secrete poison, causing enemies in the same brush to take poison damage every second. If an enemy remains in the same brush as Fleena for more than 6 seconds, they begin to take twice as much damage. Additionally, enemies continue to take poison damage after leaving the brush. The lingering poison effect lasts for as many seconds as the enemy was in the brush.
- Passive
- Damage Over Time: 5/10/15/20/25 (10/20/30/40/50 after 6 seconds)
Active: Fleena sends magical energies pulsing through a targeted area on the ground, causing the plant roots underneath to come to life. When an enemy passes over the area, the roots will shoot out and hold up to 3 champions in place for a few seconds. If used in a brush, snared enemies will be slowed until they are out of the brush. Traps will remain on the ground until activated, but will only be triggered if Fleena is within 3200 units. If she is out of the traps range, it will not be triggered when enemies pass over. This trap can be seen by a feint circle of green energy surrounding the area of effect.
- AoE
- Snare: 1.5/2/2.5/3/3.5 seconds
- Slow: 35%
- Mana Cost: 90/95/105/120/140
- Cooldown: 16/14.5/13/11.5/10 seconds

Blessed Herbs (E)
Fleena gives a nearby ally a Blessed Herb, which will remain with them and activate when their health drops below 30%, healing them and giving them a temporary boost in attack damage. Maximum of 3 stacks per ally. Instantly heals if cast on self or an ally whose health is already below 30%.
- Target-type skill
- Heal: 35/70/110/155/205 (+0.5 AP) per herb
- Strength Boost: 10/12/16/22/28 attack damage per herb for 10 seconds
- Mana Cost: 70/75/80/85/90
- Cooldown: 7/6.7/6.4/6.1/5.8 seconds

Magus Petals (Ultimate)
Fleena creates shields of flower petals on herself and nearby allies, reducing physical and magic damage. Allies with a Blessed Herb on them gain an additional armor and movement speed boost when the herb is triggered.
- Targets all nearby allied champions and Fleena
- Damage Reduction: 10/20/30% (+2.5% for every 50 AP)
- Armor Boost: 15 armor per herb
- Movement Speed Boost: 10% per herb
- Duration: 4/4.8/5.6 seconds
- Mana Cost: 190 at all levels
- Cooldown: 170/150/130 seconds

Helpful Tips:

- Try ensure every ally has at least one Blessed Herb before engaging in team fights.

- Ravenous Vines followed by Malicious Thorns can turn your targets into easy prey when ganking.

- Try to keep your distance from team fights, casting spells from a safe location and moving in when you need to cast Magus Petals.

- Your passive can be very useful if fully exploited by allies. Have allies bait the enemy into the same brush you're hiding in to give them an advantage.

- Fleena is generally safe when hiding in the brush, making her a good lookout when your team is on the move or going for Baron or Dragon.

Recommended Items:

- Ionian Boots of Lucidity - These are really a MUST HAVE for any support (IMO)

- Morello's Evil Tome - Great for all spell casters

- Aegis of the Legion - Good for support champions and really goes with Fleena's Ultimate

- Rod of Ages - Supports are often the first target of team fights, so they need to boost their HP and Mana to maximize survivability, plus they get a good amount of AP out of this

- Abyssal Scepter - Fleena can already reduce enemy armor, why not go all the way and reduce magic resistance too

- Rabadon's Deathcap - Do you really need an explanation for this??

Alternatives:

- Switch Morello's Evil Tome for an Archangel's Staff if you're unable to sustain enough Mana

- Switch Abyssal Scepter with Rylai's Crystal Scepter if you're fighting an AD heavy team

- Aegis of the Legion can be switched with Banshee's Veil or Frozen Heart if you really need the extra boost

Quotes:

Voice: Fleena's voice is like that of a young, energetic girl.

Selection
- "Alright! Time for some flower power!"

Move
- "Do you think they could be there?"
- "Ahh, the smell of nature!"
- "The flowers are lovely today!"

Attack
- "How about a little flower power!"
- "Don't mess with nature!"
- "For all that is beautiful."

Joke
- "No really, I'm just another innocent flower!"
- "Roses aren't the only ones with thorns"

Taunt
- "Even the flowers are laughing at you!"
- "You can't get me, na na na na na na!"

Actions:
- Movement: Always hovering above the ground
- Attack: Shoots tiny purple-pinkish energy blasts
- Dance: Twirls around in the air

Possible Skins:
- Emo Fleena: Who doesn't love a vicious emo fairy!
- Honey Bee Fleena: Bumble-bee inspired skin maybe?
- Rose Girl Fleena: Make her more rosie looking
- Flower Girl Fleena: Awww a cute little flower girl!
- Hextech Fleena: Machine version, any thoughts???
- Candy Delights Fleena: Fleena in a candy-made outfit?

(If you have any additional skin ideas, feel free to leave them in a comment below! Credit will be given for any chosen skin idea.)

That's Fleena! I hope you enjoyed reading about her. Please leave a comment and remember to vote in the poll! I'd love to know what you all think!

Also, please take a look at other ideas as well:
- Zanessa, The Grave Caller
- Silva, The Night Lancer
- Regaia, The Ancient Steed
- Shayde, The Shadow of Vengeance

Updates:
v1.1: Sticky Honey (Original W) has been replaced with Ravenous Vines (Current W). Also added a new Tip.
v1.2: Adjusted Ravenous Vines (W) to deal increased damage and removed the stun. Removed a Tip
v1.3: Preserving Petals (R) renamed Magus Petals (R). Edited Tip.
v1.4: Added a Possible Skins section
v1.5: Edited description of Irritating Pollen, increased cooldowns on Ravenous Vines (Active), and added 2 new tips.
v1.6: Added Lore
v1.7: Added a Recommended Items section
v1.8: Adjusted Malicious Thorns damage, AP scaling and CD. Increased strength boost on Blessed Herbs.
v1.9: Added Slow effect to Ravenous Vines (Active)
v2.0: Made changes to Ravenous Vines (Active)
v2.1: Adjusted Ravenous Vines (Active)

Sir Longfellow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2011

Very nice champ idea, I think her W is too similar to Singed's adhesive and feel she needs a trap. Perhaps you could replace her W with a trap move? If this champ was implement I'd definitely use her.

Bump N Grind

03-21-2011

Thanks for the help

Bump N Grind

03-21-2011

and actually, I think Singed's adhesive stays on the ground for a while slowing people on it, right? Fleena's W is instant, so it doesn't linger on the ground like the adhesive.

Kintaro Asama

03-21-2011

I'm actually in the process of making a similar style flora support hero! Haha, made me smile when I saw this. I'll throw you a review as soon as I finish, and I would love it if you reviewed mine. =)

Bump N Grind

03-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintaro Asama View Post
I'm actually in the process of making a similar style flora support hero! Haha, made me smile when I saw this. I'll throw you a review as soon as I finish, and I would love it if you reviewed mine. =)
Sure thing! Always good to compare notes

Sir Longfellow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2011

Even with those differences I still feel a trap would synergize well with her passive and make her overall more unique as a champion, particularly as a support.

Bump N Grind

03-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Longfellow View Post
Even with those differences I still feel a trap would synergize well with her passive and make her overall more unique as a champion, particularly as a support.
Hmm true, I haven't seen a support with a trap ability or any placeable object yet, thanks for the idea

EDIT: so I was thinking about what you said with the whole synergy idea, and imo I'd say both my idea and your trap idea synergize well with her passive, it just depends on if you want to go for a slow or a stun. A stun might be a little too OP considering her Q lowers armor, so a W->Q has basically condemned the target lol where as a slow and AS reduction would offer a little bit of an escape chance, making it more fair. But if I do get more people suggesting traps, then I'll defo change her W

Schnickness

03-21-2011

SRT!!

Concept/Theme
- I like this alot

Innate
- Very clever an unique ability, great job

Q
- Consider this:

Quote:
Malicious Thorns
- Fleena hits a small AoE with thorny vines, these will then enclose and trap any enemies hit together for 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds, whilst this is active the target with the most HP% gains movement priority.
- Very supportive in the fact that, if you hit multiple Champions this allows AoE allies to blast their **** off.
- Add the damage etc yourself :P

W
- Singed Ability, remake please ^_^
- Maybe a Flower ability?
Quote:
Pollinate
- When Fleena moves in and out of bushes, she will leave some of her own pollen on them, whilst at the same time gaining some of the bushes. This grants her sight within the bush for up to 10 seconds.
- In addition, when activated Fleena will apply her Innate effect to all nearby enemies of pollinated bushes and herself lasting for double the duration.
- Synergy and greater gank control :P

E
- Sick idea!

R
- Flower PETALS with a T ^_^
- Great support ability and synergy great job ;D

Verdict
- Consider the communities suggestions, and please re-work W its very boring and overused ;D
- Potential List, however when W is reworked into something unique she will be on the Rookie List

Bump N Grind

03-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnickness View Post
SRT!!

Concept/Theme
- I like this alot

Innate
- Very clever an unique ability, great job

Q
- Consider this:

- Very supportive in the fact that, if you hit multiple Champions this allows AoE allies to blast their **** off.
- Add the damage etc yourself :P

W
- Singed Ability, remake please ^_^
- Maybe a Flower ability?

- Synergy and greater gank control :P

E
- Sick idea!

R
- Flower PETALS with a T ^_^
- Great support ability and synergy great job ;D

Verdict
- Consider the communities suggestions, and please re-work W its very boring and overused ;D
- Potential List, however when W is reworked into something unique she will be on the Rookie List
lmao I had a feeling I spelled PETALS wrong! and so far that's 2 votes against the W, guess I'll take up SirLongfellow's idea on a trap skill.

1234511 ... 13