ap-ish kayle builds and stradegy...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SageMode

02-12-2010

So I bought the retail collectors pack and it came with silver kayle so I figured id try her out. I'm using a ap build with 21/0/9. Mp reds ap yellows cd blues and one of each purps. Starting off with memo into chalice sorc boots mejais zonyas. Still getting used to her heal and ult but I'm doing pretty poorly.

That all being said what do you guys use with her as dps ap and what strata do you use in lane and what are my best champs to lane with?

Just curious what ya think.

MuscleMemory

The Fat Battler

02-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageMode View Post
So I bought the retail collectors pack and it came with silver kayle so I figured id try her out. I'm using a ap build with 21/0/9. Mp reds ap yellows cd blues and one of each purps. Starting off with memo into chalice sorc boots mejais zonyas. Still getting used to her heal and ult but I'm doing pretty poorly.

That all being said what do you guys use with her as dps ap and what strata do you use in lane and what are my best champs to lane with?
Whenever I play Kayle, I usually try to build a Rod of Ages as soon as possible. The Catalyst the Protector that builds into Rod of Ages is an amazing item and will keep you in your lane. Rod of Ages gives AP Kayle a little bit of everything she needs. However, to be honest, you will need to rush the Rod and skip Boots and Chalice to get the most out of the Rod.

As far as lane strategies go, I would wait until I get to my lane to choose my ability. If I see a character with range, I go with Reckoning to answer their harass. If I see only melee characters, I go with Righteous Fury first. My first item is usually a Doran's Ring, due to the health, mana regen, and small amount of AP. I then get a Mana Pot because I spam Divine Blessing to keep Kayle healed.

Don't get Sorceror's Boots with Kayle unless you're stacking Magic Penetration in your runes, which you're not. Merc Treads is usually the way to go, and if you get it with Chalice, you'll get close to the 100 mark in Magic Resist, which is pretty optimum.

Kayle is definitely a character who relies on Mejai's. You need to be aggressive. She is a terrible farmer, and I can't think of anyone who has as much cash flow issues as her. Mejai's gives her bang for her buck, and with her decent escape tools and tankiness, she should be able to stay alive to stack it. She needs kills and assists, anyway, because she can't farm. Most of her gold is going to have to come from those kills and assists.

To play Kayle well, you need to be aggressive and constantly looking for ganks. If you want to get good, you have to learn to use Divine Blessing and Intervention to tower dive, spam Reckoning, use Divine Blessing on friendlies with stuns on the chase, as well as learn to recognize when to use Intervention on DPS characters who are about to die or use Intervention on your initiators.