Akali rune strats???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jusoneaznkyd

03-20-2011

din see one of these up there, so just wanna get some thoughts on how I should rune up my Akali.....jus recently bought her and don really know how to deal with energy runes and what not.....I know they are expensive (energy related runes) but are the worth it??? i've seen people use runes to get her inate up from the start or w/ a dorans sword.....seen people go for health and dodge.....jus want to see if there are any interesting combos out there and why they are "leet" to you

Quenthal

03-20-2011

personally i used 2 flat HP Quints, 1 Mpenn Quint, Mpenn reds, flat hp yellows yellows, AP/lvl blues and started with dorans blade. it worked for me but there is prolly a better rune setup than this.

TheGundamGuy

03-20-2011

I say don't go for energy runes
IMO they don't help if you know how to conserve or if you get the blue buff
my personal one is 3 ATK/Lv Quints, 9 MPen marks, health/lv seals, AP/lv glyphs
masteries I take include the 3 dmg, 3 in AP/lv, 15% MPen, 6 ArPen and 4 in exp awareness, I do a 21/0/9 build
I go full AP, taking my masteries and runes to get me my 10+atk for my passive on atk
I start w/ doran's blade to auto activate my 10atk passive and chuck it after I have my 5 items and I can buy my 6th item

SuperChoob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2011

Energy runes are useless. Your Q costs 20 energy if you trigger it, and you'll regenerate at least 5 of that in the time it takes to throw and trigger it. Your ultimate does not cost any energy, and E is not vital towards your burst. The only time you will run out of energy is if you use Q, E, AND W in one go. Just don't use E if you think you'll need to shroud later.

As for runes, I get 9.8AD (8marks, 1 quint) and 9.9 Flat AP (2 quints) and AP/lvl (9 glyphs), then buy an Amp tome to start so I get both passives and then 9/21/0 in masteries because I like being a bit tougher early as opposed to doing a tiny bit more damage. Yellows can be whatever defensive runes you want, I get HP/Lvl.

Alternately, you could get 9.5+ AD and 19.5+ AP and then get boots + 4 health pots or 6.5AD + 3 (masteries). It's really nice to be able to trigger both of her passives at level 1 as it lets you last hit easier and gives you spellvamp which is great for laning.

My reasoning for 21 in defense as opposed to offense is that the offense tree really doesn't do very much for you. You can get the .6AP/lvl if you go 9/21/0, you don't need crit chance, you don't really need 6 armor pen, you get 3AD per level from base scaling already, and Havoc only affects your base AD, not your magical damage. Having extra MR, Armor, Dodge, minion damage, health, bonus AP, and reduced damage are all really useful, whereas the offense tree is really only good for levels 1-4 when small bonuses actually help, and you really only start to shine at level 6. If you are trading blows at level 1, you are probably doing it wrong.

Unparallelogram

03-21-2011

There's a big difference between having runes that work well with Akali, versus having a dedicated rune page just for Akali.

If you're willing to get a dedicated rune page (it will cost you thousands of IP and be practically useless for other champs), then you should focus on getting both passives at lv 1. This means either getting flat AP and flat AD, and then itemizing however you like, or else building runes for one and itemizing for the other. Keep in mind also what masteries you will use, as that can potentially contribute some AP/AD.

Alternatively, don't worry about the AP passive at the very start. It's not too huge a deal, and you can always wait to get 10 AP. Make sure you start with 10 AD. This is extremely simple now that Doran's Blade got buffed to 10 AD on its own. Or, you could go with AD marks. If you decide not to get both passives, you can take runes that are more generic in nature and better for later game. This tends to include things like MPen, Armor/MR, CDR, HP, and the like.