Camera-lock = no audio?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bloodmagick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2011

So, With some champions, I play with the camera locked, and For whatever reason, when I use a skill, the sound doesn't happen. I don't know if it's my audio settings or not, but if I unlock my camera, and move the screen slightly, then the audio from skills are normal. It seems to happen ONLY when I play with my screen locked.

(I've had this mostly happen with Mordekaiser, a LOT actually, but I've had it happen with other characters too.)

Again, I don't know if it's just my audio settings or not, but I thought it would be somethng to look into, because it does kinda take away from the excitement of gameplay.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AkitaNeru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2011

I believe that if your computer is set to surround sound (5.1 or 7.1), then the game attempts to output audio for events happening in the exact middle of your screen through the center channel.

If you don't actually have a headset/soundcard/etc. that supports surround sound, you only get the two stereo channels, which would explain why you're hearing things when you move your champion off-center of your screen.

From a different thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywatford View Post
Hey Blackhandsaint,

This problem tends to be caused by windows attempting to play the game in 5.1 or 7.1. To solve this, while the game is running, open up your control panel and go to sound. In that window, select the audio output you are using and press configure. In the window that pops up, set the audio channels to stereo.

Here's a thread with a bit more info if you need it:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=430480

Hope this helps!