Survivability

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onetretresvn

02-12-2010

ok now, srsly ive read several strategy guides now for different characters and they all have at least one common factor.....SURVIVABILITY.....you DO NOT want to die before reaching lvl 6. dieing before lvl 6 not only slows down your ability to lvl because now you have to wait and run back to your lane; but it always gives your opponent an advantage because not only do they get to stay and farm exp but they will automatically lvl when they kill you. if this happens more than once before lvl 6 it WILL give your opposing gamers an extreme advantage you DO NOT want them to have.

i just got out of a game where my teamates had died several times before lvl 6 thus (feeding) our opponents. i told them towards the end of the game...which was close and we lost...that they were good players but they needed to work on their survivability. upon saying this one of them replied 'i only died X number of times'. while his ability to live did get better towards the end of the match; it did not change the fact that if they had not died so many times during the beggining of the match we most likely would have won.

because of early game feeding, (no matter how small) you can give your enemies a large advantage over you which can drastically change the out come of the game more than the average player seems to think.

i just started playing myself not to long ago and did not understand the importants of this early game strategy. once applied i promise you will enjoy the results just like i did. if you have any coments or things to add plz do so.

ExS Perfect

02-12-2010

Well i used to play sivir alot cause i liked her range, took me awhile to figure out how to mid well. Anyway i am playing ashe now and have a bit of trouble survivng do you have any advice or items that may help me out early game? It would be greatly appreciated to anyone who would help me out on this.

coldeq

02-12-2010

I couldn't agree more.

I picked up master yi recently and his ganking abilities meant that i often went for kills early (getting one or two) but ended up feeding and there was no way back for me. 2/17/3 was a common score.

Recently I went with meditate and a mana item, always keeping myself healed up and playing defensively. By level 7 i'd be 0/0/0 but if they weren't fed it would be 19/3/3 at the end of the game.

I played ashe a bit and I found that Banshees veil with flash got me out of a lot of trouble. Oh, and clairvoyance helped me avoid lots of ganks as well.

Siky

02-12-2010

Sometimes dying is inevitable. Often times in game, you will have people who feel like if you follow their lead, then the team will always win. That's not true. Sometimes people suicide rampage ahead and their team follows them to their death and they end up blaming the people who don't follow in. This happens a lot early game as well since you never really know how a battle will go. If you surprise an enemy and they falter while your team mate is on their game, you can win even if the situation isn't in your favor. Likewise though, sometimes you just don't feel like it's safe when your partner jumps in for whatever reason. They will blame you most of the time for their death when honestly, if it doesn't feel safe, most likely it isn't (if you're a good enough player to gauge this).

Rule 1 of survivability. If your team mate jumps or walks into a fight and dies in less than 2 seconds, you and whoever else wants to jump in should just run. It's not worth it most of the time and your team usually gets aced because of this. Look out for yourself and make sure you're not the one that's dying 20x, if you die with your team not coming to "save" you, stop jumping in.

By the way, this is only an opinion for Solo-Queuing, you don't know your team mates, you don't need to trust them if they are doing things that make you feel unsafe. Premades are different and usually there's a lot of tension for that initiation anyways. I find that's less so in lower ELO games where people don't even care, they just run in and jump in and hope for the best.

ExsqweezeMe

02-13-2010

snowball effect -> get an early kill = $ and level advantage = more likely to overpower opponent = get more kills

this a huge problem if its the opponent's carry that is starting to snowball

TheTruhan

02-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExS Perfect View Post
Well i used to play sivir alot cause i liked her range, took me awhile to figure out how to mid well. Anyway i am playing ashe now and have a bit of trouble survivng do you have any advice or items that may help me out early game? It would be greatly appreciated to anyone who would help me out on this.
Try using a dorans shield and 1 health pot. So far it has never failed me^^. Works exceptionally well when you're not solo (i.e with a lane partner). It works for mid too but not as good as in a lane with a partner.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2010

If you want to survive in the early game, there are a lot of things you need to make mental notes of.

First - take notes of the champion load screen.. Even jot it down if you have to what champions you are up against and what summoner skills they have. This is the most important step to understanding how you can and will survive, if not conquer, in your lane. When you are in game, if you are sure you can play passively enough, you can go for items without healing. If you cant, try to incorporate some kind of healing whether it be a skill or a hp pot.

The next most important thing to realize is map awareness. Do not go in a bush if you think they may be in it without backup. Do not engage in last hitting if you will be harassed without being able to deal as much damage back. Try to control your zones in lane, and if you can't allow them to push while staying as close to xp range as possible. If you cant farm last hits, its okay, its better to get your levels and play defensively until you hit a range where you can push/gank.

Understand how the champions play that are facing you. Look at their items, and pay attention to what their skills do, and avoid their burst with them.

unregenerate

02-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExS Perfect View Post
for ashe, its just a matter of playing tactically. stay far enough back to remain out of their range, don't push (just last hit as her crit chance goes up while she doesn't fire), and then just level the **** out of slow and volley. by the time you hit six in mid, your opponent will still think you are unaggressive. when the move up, crystal arrow their stinky ass and slow them to death. i usually work toward a chalice and last whisper first. the last hitting creeps and not pushing is key for ashe, though. she's just too slow to be wandering out too far.

use volley sparingly. unless you take mana regen **** quick it will eat you up... and good players look for OOM champs.