Best combination of DPS rune choice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hvywpnsguy

02-12-2010

So I've been having GREAT success with 12% crit chance and 16% attack speed with the following items:
executioner
zeal
infinity edge
last whisper

i have every dps related runes available: attack speed, crit chance, crit damage, armor pen

i was wondering what would be the best rune choice for a game that lasts about 30 minutes.

29 armor pen/13 attack speed?
20 crit chance?
45 crit dmg?
18 armor pen/ rest crit chance, or attack speed?

i really don't like crit dmg as it doesnt do anything until later in the game.
i appreciate your help

wildfire393

02-12-2010

Mathematically, Armor Pen is the highest DPS increaser. Crit Chance is the second most until your crit chance hits about 35% without Infinity Edge/55% with, then Crit Damage is better.

hvywpnsguy

02-12-2010

Hmm I just did a test round with 29 Armor pen and the rest into attack speed and with the following items i felt like i was doing decent:
dorans blade, last whisper, and a sword (+10 dmg)

is there anyone else that have experimented this?

Also, how does it compare to have 25 armor pen/attack speed versus full 36% attack speed? which one does more damage over the course of 5 seconds?

De4thw0lf

02-12-2010

Fairly based on your playstyle I'd say.

I personaly love to have 28% atk speed when playing Sivir, Yi, dps Kyle, if your champ has any skill or passive thats geting a boost by atk speed I feel like they are the best runes to go with. 1,7% is pretty much on a rune.
Also I tryed crit runes on all of them, didnt felt any benefit of it.

Sivir or Yi for example are sick pushers with atk speed.

On the other hand they add kinda the most % you can get by runes and if you want some crit or penetration, its realy easy to get this by items which also add a good combination of others stats. Last Whisper, Starks, Black Cleaver.