[Guide] Katarina [Reborn]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rximmortal

02-12-2010

Hi there all Katarina fans. I post this guide because i am pissed of each time when i chose her , whole my team to start screaming to change my character and that she sux and bla bla bla. At last i think i discover a stable build in which you are usefull during the whole game, But unfortunately it is a hard one in addition with all nerfs that katarina received. But there are one thing that riot cant nerf and that are our skills , i will explain all game plan , runes , masteries , summoner skills and all stuffs you need to get well with katarina. OK lets go.
-----------
Masteries
-----------

I suggest you to set 10 on offense getting ignite and 15% mp. 16 on defense to get +60 life , and the others on utility to get ghost upgrade and 10% faster respawn.

The last skills of all 3 masteries SUX , thats why i advise you to use your points on that way. Or you can see my account 'rximmortal' and see my runes page and mastery page.

-----------
Runes
-----------

I think the best choice for the rune set is
mark - Magic penetration
Seal - Health per level
Glyph - 3 runes of Magic penetration + 6 for - cd
+3 runes for heal (32,4)
You can see my account for the runes if you have any questions.

-----------------------------
Build ( We build AP build )
-----------------------------
Early Game:

1 - Doran's shield + HP potion (with that build of runes and masteries you will have 750 HP on lvl 1. Which will help you to stay longer on line and get more kills or money from mobs.
2 - The items you need next are : boots -> Blasting Wand -> Amplifying Tome ->Elixir of Brilliance -> hp potions. (it will be best to get them in this order). This will cost you around 2000 , At this time you will be 5-7 level. And you have 130 AP which makes you absolutly DOMINANT on this state of the game (your shunpo) will make 300 dmg and your ultra will make 80-90 per dagger. Most of the heroes have 900-1200 hp on this level of the game which means you kill easily most of them with 2 shunpo combos.(dont forget you are still level 7-8, they too
3 - After that You make mejai and upgrade boots to sorcery boots. If you have money you can get Ruby crystal.
4 - Now when you have Mejai you need HP boost to lower the risk of death and lost your stacks , you get catalyst , and after that depending on game upgrade to basnhee veil or get giant belt. ( dont forget to buy Elixir of Brilliance to keep your Ap high , If the game goes good for you will have 220-300 ap in that moment when you use Elixir of Brilliance , and you are 12-14 lvl)
5 - Upgrade items to Rylai's scepter and banshee veil. Now You have 300 ap and 3k hp and you are on lvl 16 and you are absolutly killing mashine . I have 300 ap with 8-9 stacks of mejai , if you doesnt die you will have much more
6 - Get Lich's bane , ( you can chose your last item you still have doran's shield if you doesn't sell it )
-------------------
Summoner skills
-------------------
I test so many combinations of summoner skills and on this patch of the game i think best choice is:
Ignite + Ghost
Exhaust + Ghost
You can comment on free will i doesnt check the text for mistakes , dont spam pointless posts on that please. GL all .

Slide

02-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rximmortal View Post
10% faster respawn.
Fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rximmortal View Post
The last skills of all 3 masteries SUX , thats why i advise you to use your points on that way. Or you can see my account 'rximmortal' and see my runes page and mastery page.
EPIC Fail.

4 mastery points to get 10% reduced death time is a complete waste of 4 points. Its called planning for failure and it isnt a good idea. Nevermind that 10% less time dead, averaged out, will save you 6 seconds or less on your death timer. HORRIBLE mastery. Your far better off with perseverance or even better yet, taking one of the last tier mastery points.

Considering what 1 mastery point can get you, Id REALLY like to hear why 5% bonus damage, 4% damage reduction or 15% summoner spell cooldown is bad? Seriously! You WASTE 4 points getting 10% less time dead, but the most powerful masteries in the game suck? My god man, way to noob it up.

This is doubly stupid as you are going pretty deep into defense anyways. At that point for your 4 mastery points you spend getting 10% less time dead could get you 2% attack speed, 2% AP, further gaining 2% attack speed and 2% AP to level 18 and 4% damage reduction. I defy you to justify 10% less time dead against that.

So again:

Your choice: 10% less time dead (the better you do in game, the worse this gets, and it will only save you ruffly 6 seconds on a death (and FAR less early on).

My Choice: 4% Damage Reduction, 4% attack speed, 4% AP.

Should be pretty **** easy to tell which is better.

rximmortal

02-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSLIDE View Post

My Choice: 4% Damage Reduction, 4% attack speed, 4% AP.

Should be pretty **** easy to tell which is better.
Ok i will explain it in simple mathematic .
First we get your choice.
If you have last skill You dont have ignite , Okey no problem you can chose to play with exhaust.
You DONT have Ghost Buffed , that means you are less effective in the beggining.
But WAIT you have 4% attack speed in katarina ;D nice try you will kill them with auto attack ;D , that makes me cry laughing. Oh i forget 4% more AP thats really great BUT , you get 4 ap in 100 ap you have that mean you get 8 on 200 and 12 on 300 , With ignite You get 10ap on Cooldown , Oh i forget you cant have ignite because you set your points on last and "best skill" 4% damage reduction . that means you take 4 less damage on 100 dmg , nice nice really nice , I am sure you will survive after taking 1000 crit damage - you take 40 less , and after 3 more heroes start hitting you this 4% damage reduction will help you survive.
I dont look other masteries because we discuss katarina builded on defense.
Now Lets look mine build.
You can make it in 2 ways.
First is the one i posted , now this 10% cd reduction = 6 seconds. I dont know , but it happened to me many times , The team dies and while you wait the last 3-4 seconds of respawn they demolish your base turrets , this 6 seconds are really helpfull in this moments + if you die 4-5 times in game this are 30 sec less death time.
+ you have ghost upgrade.
2nd build You make 9 on offense ,15% magic penetration
take 13 in defense getting only 15 health , and 8 in utility getting 5% exp bonus.

Melonyan

02-12-2010

I try your build but i was not absolutely killing mashine. :C

rximmortal

02-13-2010

Hmm may be i will post a video of my gameplay with her soon

NDAWE

02-19-2010

The only way to make that guide to work is with premade. Btw if u wanna dish some dmg with AP katarina , u cant afford to spend gold on defensive items because u hard farm it. Banshe is waste of time (also give MP). Hight AP is hard to get with katarina, only chance that to happend is when u get feeded all game long. Imo sorc bots ----> Rylay + mejas. That are the 1st 3 items wich u MUST have to do somethink with AP kata. HP from rylay is neede for survive and in begining your only way to get some fast AP is with meja (which mean u must be everywhere on the map and atleast assist to every kill....). There are a lot of things for discus here, but main is that AP katarina success very hard, and for sure u need premade team or u will fail a lot.

rximmortal

02-19-2010

ALl Katarina players must know 1 thing , Banshee's vale is absolutely
compulsory