[Guide] Annie - Tibbers Ain't No Pedobear

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gun fu panda

02-12-2010

Hello all,

This is my first guide, so please bear (lol pun) with me here. I'm going to assume you know Annie's abilities and how they work, as well as her background and general role.

Runes:
Red/Quints - MPen
Blues/Yellows - Flat CDR (to 11%) then whatever you like (HP is my preference).

Skill Order:
Q
W
Q
E
Q
R
W
W
W
W
R
E
E
E
E
R
Q
Q

Reason: Level 3 Q gives you enough farming ability and W scales better with levels. E is fantastic for survivability (very important for being a dominant Annie). R is a no brainer.

Masteries:
9/0/21

Items:
Tome + pot
Mejai's + boots 1
Catalyst + boots 2 (usually sorc boots)
Banshee's
Rylai's

---Game is usually over---
Zhonya's/Void staff

Keep Brilliance Elixir up all the time once you get catalyst!

Why Rylai's and Banshee's you ask? Annie is a burst character isn't she? Why do I need a snare? Why do I need HP? Why not get Rod of Ages?

Annie's damage is bad end-game. She scales HORRIBLY with AP. Give her HP and suddenly you have a stunning machine that doesn't die easily. Banshee's gives her resistance to CC (her worst enemy).

Why Rylai's is win:
Tibbers' aura procs rylai's. Your bear will stun and snare their entire team permanently. This is win. Molten Armor procs rylai's on hit. This is win. 500 HP is win. The AP is bonus.

Summoner Skills:
Ghost
Flash
NOTHING ELSE. Screw personal choice. Screw playstyle. Get Ghost and Flash, you'll thank me when you go 20/0/15.

**** ignite. It's bad end game and you don't want it. Ghost and Flash with your stun/snare from Molten armor makes sure you NEVER die to pedobear carries that normally nom you.

Playstyle:

1 - 5:

Try for solo mid. You harass and farm. Pretty standard. Charge up stun, hit champ with Q, auto-attack once, GTFO. Don't work too hard for kills until 6. Use E once you have it to get hidden charges for when you hit 6.

6 - 10:

You are a deity at these levels. Ding 6, kill your lane enemy with flash -> tibber bomb, go farm the jungle for golem and gank the **** out of people. Make yourself a presence. Make them RUN when they see you. Get Mejai's charges. You want 10+ before you hit 11.

11-18:

Your damage is meh now. You scale like **** with AP. What you are is a stun machine with solid damage support. Use your stun strategically. Run in and combo, ghost out, then run back in and use Q/W whenever they're up. Watch your charges and try to land fight winning AOE stuns. Help push towers with tibbers, and DO NOT DIE. By now you have max Mejai's charges and 40% CDR.

Summary:

You farmed early game, dominated mid game, and made their team scream in frustration end game. GG Annie, you just added another win to your docket and had few if any deaths.

Alarik33

02-12-2010

wut, no magic pen

gun fu panda

02-12-2010

Sorc boots and Magic pen runes. You can throw in a haunting guise if you like, but I have a hard time finding room. If the game is closing up and I can get a 5th item, it's usually it or a void staff.

Alarik33

02-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun fu panda View Post
Sorc boots and Magic pen runes. You can throw in a haunting guise if you like, but I have a hard time finding room. If the game is closing up and I can get a 5th item, it's usually it or a void staff.
ah, k. well, sounds alright then.

Kuuthana

02-12-2010

Isn't getting Mejai's counter-intuitive to how she scales badly end game?

gun fu panda

02-12-2010

Mejai's is cheap and you don't die a lot, making it amazingly cost effective for boosting your damage. It gives you some scaling. You don't want to 100% neglect AP, it's just a low priority to survivability from Banshee's/Rylai's. In fact, once you get those, AP/MPen/CDR are great.

RATTPack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-14-2010

nice guide, and i love how u worded everything XD

Mr Tibbers

02-14-2010

I just wanted to pop in and break the bad news to ya.

I really am a pedobear. > . >

ushafaran

02-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tibbers View Post
I just wanted to pop in and break the bad news to ya.

I really am a pedobear. > . >
I always thought that Summon Tibbers should be cahnged from "bear tibbers" to "bare tibbers" causing pedobear to plunge from the heavens aflame with lust.

domin8blunts

02-14-2010

this is a very good guide if you follow it you will do well with anni