Would you like to have in-game character specific dialogue?

Yes, and I hope that Riot implements it as soon as possible. 11 28.95%
Yes, but I understand if it takes Riot while to make it. 18 47.37%
Yes, but I doubt that Riot has the resources or the interest to create such functionality. 7 18.42%
No, I'm not interested in this feature and Riot should dedicate their resources elsewhere. 2 5.26%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

A Modest Suggestion For Character Dialogue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coaltar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2011

I was reading about DOTA 2 earlier, and an interesting tidbit I discovered was on unique character dialogue. Apparently, all of the heroes are getting unique dialogue for specific situations like last hitting, denying, etc... but a specific situation interested me:

When two heroes that are associated via the lore are near eachother, they have character specific dialogue and taunts and the like.

I was wondering what the chances of implementing a feature like this in LoL are? How fantastic would it be to have character specific jibes and battle calls between characters like Jarvan and Swain, Kayle and Morgana, or Garen and Katarina?

I know that this would probably be a tremendous effort, but not every champion needs character specific dialogue, and not every champion has an appropriate condition for it. Some champions could just have generalized dialogue for allies and enemies of specific allegiances, a group of Noxians or Demacians together might have slightly different battle calls and things of the sort.

It's just an idea, and I know it's an unlikely one at that. So Riot, how about it?

Coaltar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2011

Poll added.

MonsterHunterDan

03-20-2011

heh I was thinking about the same things a while ago, many games do it(blazblue is an exemple) and it wouldnt be too hard to set the conditions. like whenever X champion kills or get an assist on Y champion, play the quote for all to hear.

an exemple could look like this:
(let's pretend Twisted fate is that C that caitlyn is searching for) whenever TF would ult, the opposing caitlyn player would hear :You'll never catch me, but you can keep looking.

Alektrona

Recruiter

03-22-2011

I think if they could implement this, it may make the average player more interested in League of Legends lore. It would for me. ^_^

Kaghogre

03-24-2011

that would be a cool idea but idk if riot can do it now maybe in time they could. it would be sweet to see enemy tryndamere taunt an opposite team ashe by saying "Hey Baby!" *Flexes arm and Kisses Bicep*

or Kayle says to enemy Morgana "You shall FAIL, sister!"

Arfor

03-24-2011

i would be happy with evil champions laughing when they kill someone, or atleast an emote when a champion scores an ace

Prof YANA

03-28-2011

(Lux, to enemy Garen) Why do you do this, brother? Why did you join them?

Coaltar

03-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaghogre View Post
that would be a cool idea but idk if riot can do it now maybe in time they could. it would be sweet to see enemy tryndamere taunt an opposite team ashe by saying "Hey Baby!" *Flexes arm and Kisses Bicep*

or Kayle says to enemy Morgana "You shall FAIL, sister!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kas Minus One View Post
(Lux, to enemy Garen) Why do you do this, brother? Why did you join them?
These are generally the sorts of things that I had in mind when I made this post, but I like MonsterHunterDan's idea as well. Kaghogre really hit the nail on the head though, I see a great focus on rivalries/romances between specific champions and factions.

Some examples for rivarlies that I think are particularly suitable for the added dialogue are as follows: Kayle and Morgana, Jarvan IV and Swain, Soraka and Warwick, Nasus and Renekton. Those are all the major rivalries off the top of my head, at least as far as rivalries are mentioned in Champion background information - there may be snippets from the Journal of Justice that I have missed. We can't ignore faction rivalries either, so general animousity between Noxians/Zaunites and, well, pretty much everyone else (Demacia, Ionia, maybe Fel Jord and Bandle City too)would be nice.

Romances such as Ashe and Tryndamere (like Kaghogre said), Twisted Fate and Evelynn, or maybe even Garen and Katarina are also topics that could be explored through minor in-game dialogue.

Lets not try to ask for anything too ridiculous, but how about you Summoners come up with some other neat scenarios for character dialogue?

Only Leona

Recruiter

04-02-2011

Noxians. I hate those guys.

Centuros

07-21-2011

Then Renekton won't say "Nasus shall not escape me forever" when they are laning together, lol.