Aizuu's Noc Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aizuukun

03-19-2011

Okay, so I've seen a lot of baddie noc's out there. And there's nothing worse than a noc instalocking in within the first 5 seconds and then feeding the other team, so I decided to share some of my successful builds with the LoL community.

Runes:
I play Armor Pen, Dodge, and CDR
(Dodge isn't really necessary, and you could substitute CDR for mana runes if you like to spam)
I tried crit noc, didn't really work all that well for me - though I'd still like to experiment with him some more.
Tried AP noc (for lulz) was practically worthless

Summoner spells:
I take ignite / teleport
Ignite Reasoning: Because noc is squishy, tower diving at low levels is dangerous.
Teleport Reasoning: Dropping a few wards in the woods gives you somewhere to teleport to for ganks, also you can easily move from lane to lane. Mobility is key for success with noc.

Other viable summoner spells: Ghost, Flash, Clairvoyance, exhaust
Ghost Reasoning: Run fast, why not?
Flash Reasoning: With no real escape tactic, engaging with Noc at the wrong time can really land you in the gutter, take for the same reason you'd take ghost.
Clairvoyance: Helps with ulting running enemies - though in many cases wounded/fleeing enemies are within sight of allies.
Exhaust: Helps land duskbringer if you're timid about firing, also gives you a few extra seconds of combat.

Items:
Attachment 137466Attachment 137444Attachment 137446Attachment 137448Attachment 137447

Starting Items:
Attachment 137438 + 2xAttachment 137450 + Attachment 137449

Spell Order:
[Q] Duskbringer
[W] Shroud
[Q] Duskbringer
[E] Unspeakable Horror
[Q] Duskbringer
[R] Paranoia
[W] Shroud
etc, maxing Q first, W second and E third and grabbing ult whenever possible.

Early Teamfights:
Until you get phage, you're going to be a bit squishy. If the opposing team focus's you at all (which they should), you're going to die quickly. This leads to many noc's feeding the opposing team. The best strat with noc is to try and hide along escape routes and rush in as they flee. If your team starts to lose the fight - use paranoia and target someone a little off the main flock. This is a judgement call - if you can kill them and escape - cast duskbringer/unspeakable horror. I like to save Shroud for when cc chases me.
If you don't feel like you can land the kill, Unspeakable horror your victim, Duskbringer an escape path and cast shroud as you run.
There is a lot of importance on timing, patience and judgement when it comes to ganking with noc. If you attack too soon, you die. If you attack too late, your team dies.

Late Teamfights:
Post Frozen Mallet combat is similar to early teamfights, the only difference is sustainability. At this point you have high lifesteal, fast attack speed and enough health to survive a teamfight. If things are going well, you should be able to engage with your team like a normal squishy. I like to cc either a tank or high damage dealer like kat with unspeakable horror. Tossing my duskbringer out as well and shielding as often as possible. Saving my ult for chasing.

Some Scores:
Attachment 137426

obsidiankatana

03-19-2011

Nocturne shines at eliminating single targets. Teamfighting is never a priority nor should it be. I generally open teamfights with my ult, pick the highest damage dealer (often the carry, who is by extension a squishtoy) and absolutely murder them. Horror->Shroud->Duskbringer. Cancels the first ability they use, they're feared before they use a second, and they're dead before the third.

Jungle build starting with Cloth+5hp at wolves. Cycle down to ghosts, little golems, big golem, wolves, ghosts, little golems, bluepill, lizard. Ganks in between whenever possible.

Wriggles -> Boots -> Yomuus -> Triforce. Later items include a Bloodthirster, utility item (GA or Banshee) and then swap the Wriggle for either more utility or more damage, depending (I favor a Bloodrazor).

Skillset is Duskbringer -> Shroud -> Duskbringer -> Pump Unspeakable. Paranoia > All, as usual.

Aizuukun

03-19-2011

Sounds pretty good, though i don't really like triforce. I think its too expensive, and the cost outweighs the benefits for noc. Also noc's damage doesn't scale from attack speed so if you're waiting till late to get a bloodthirster you may not be outputting as much damage as you could.