The game is falling apart.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omalikular

03-19-2011

This thread was made due to the amount of awry (FAIL) players out there; and honestly it's getting ridiculous.

I can safely say I'm a pretty good player. I never feed. I always do well (laning, jungling, mid) and help my team plenty. But I keep getting that ONE PLAYER who ruins everything. Recently, I've achieved +20 wins over losses (normal), mostly by carrying my teams. That has fallen down, because I can't carry people who FAIL THAT BAD. Something needs to be done by Riot to counter this.

Even in ranked its a problem. It seems like if you go on a winning streak, they don't place you against higher elo characters to see if its skill and not luck; they give you one fail freaking loser to feed and screw the whole team over. Slowly my friend and I have our rank going down, when we do a great job as a team members and players, just to get losers who don't know how to play a game.

This game is SUPPOSED to reflect your skill: as a player and a team player. When you do all those well, and only lose, because someone screws you over, it becomes a problem. And its not a rare event; It happens continiously over and over.

I'm not the only one noticing this either. Other players are commenting on it, and so comes to exist ELO HELL. I almost feel like a new system is needed to seperate these "baddies" from the people who take it seriously. And no, ELO doesn't do anything to seperate good from bad, just excellent from bad (1800+...) In fact, if anyone hasn't noticed, ELO HELL IS GROWING! Slowly it's becoming higher numbers. I remember when it was only in 1200-1300. But now its even a problem from 1400-1600.

I'm not a good brainstormer, but I'm sure someone (on forums or riot staff) could come up with something. Maybe a personality system (Choose from Harcore and Softcore gamers.) Maybe it comes down to if people do too bad, they can be downsized by teammates. I have no clue.

Something needs to be done. If this continues, many players (including myself) will end up switching to the many DOTA style games coming out. I don't want to do that, I'm reluctant since I've spent good money on this game because I've enjoyed it. But, I don't seem to enjoy it as much because of the sheer incompetance I've been facing. Its not that their team is better (in skill or comp). Its not that my team sucks (besides the baddie). Its because of out of the 10 people, 1 person on a team screws up the entire design of the game. Not because he/she is a noob, just because, well their a baddie. and I hate to have to say that.

TL;DR "Baddies" (not to be confused with noobs) are ruining every aspect of the game, including ranked and normal. They aren't getting rooted out the way they should be.

MrLidenbrock

03-20-2011

I totally agree, but there is already a way to make amends to this serious issue: premade games.

Get four of your friends together or just join a clan and you'll always have enough people for this. The way you have defined "baddies", you won't have any of them, just maybe the occasional noob. Who you can talk to and guide.

vOddy

03-20-2011

I don't mind having people with low skill... I just hate people who won't listen to the better players and do what they're told, or people who can't work with a team.
So yeah, you should really find a premade team or a clan. Get some mates!

Daniellynet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2011

I agree.
When I play with my premade we will most likely win, when I play solo (which I do quite a lot) I tend to get random results, and sometimes I just get loss after loss after loss.

This is how my wins and losses have gone after I started my own log.

VDDDDDDDVDDVDVDVVDDVDVVDVDVVDVVVVVVVVVVVVDVDVVVDVVDVDDVDDVDVVDVDDDVVDDVDDDVVVDVVVDVVDVV

V = Win
D = Defeat

The last matches on the list are mostly premade. You can see I win a lot more.

20-03-11 - 7/1/5 - Shen - Win - FP Premade and good team.
20-03-11 - 7/2/17 - Kennen - Win - Good team with teamwork.
20-03-11 - 9/7/3 - Olaf - Defeat - Decent team, but Caitlyn and Allistar weren't that good. :/
20-03-11 - 6/0/6 - Kennen - Win - Good team.
20-03-11 - 0/3/11 - Malphite - Win - FP Premade.
20-03-11 - 8/6/6 - Twitch - Defeat - FP Premade.
19-03-11 - 5/1/5 - Veigar - Win - FP Premade.
19-03-11 - 6/1/13 - Sona - Win - FP Premade.
19-03-11 - 6/3/12 - Sona - Win - FP Premade.
19-03-11 - 5/4/5 - Jarvan - Defeat - FP Premade, 4v5.
19-03-11 - 9/6/17 - Jarvan - Win - Fp Premade - 4 v 5 for 10 minutes early game. Enemy was ****. I was solo mid and failed early game >.>
19-03-11 - 4/0/1 - Jarvan - Win - FP Premade and 5 v 4.
19-03-11 - 12/5/11 - Olaf - Win - Prolaf. FP Premade.

Adun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2011

If there are 4 of the best players in LOL, and they get paired with a intentional feeder, they have a very very low chance of winning
Doesn't mean they're bad though

Delusional Storm

03-20-2011

Its just a part of the game concept.

hydrogencar

03-21-2011

People who just reached lvl 30 (and have like, I dunno 100 wins and are still total noobs obviously) and want to try ranked just for fun get matched up with people who have 1000 normal wins and want to start playing ranked cause they feel ready for it.

In case you don't have a brain: ^ BAD. REALLY BAD.

Delinphius

03-21-2011

TL;DR: Make LoL Pay to play.

Naristracrates

03-25-2011

Honestly, I think people do not want to accept they are bad players, so they blame the system. No matter what system you create, there will always be advantages and disadvantages. You can never have a perfect system.

Playing by yourself, or with a friend or two is fine. But you will have more success in this game if you function as a unit, not thinking of the individual. That means, try and find some guys to play with continuously, start to feel what your teammates are going to do.

put2sleep

03-25-2011

A good way to get into a higher bracket (assuming you truly are under your skill bracket) is play semi-carries. Screw the rest of your team's picks, if you are good at a specific semi carry play the **** out of him. Semi carries are always great as they have more offensive utility early, and still have the ability to do well late game if it is necessary.