Armor Penetration question...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lajkonik

02-11-2010

Hi. I have a noob question... :P How does armor penetration work and how does it help me? Please tell me how is it working. And are the armor penetration runes worth buing?
(Oh and does AP stand for armor pen? xD )

Phoxly

02-11-2010

Its my understanding that you get a % of reduced dmg based on the amount of armor you have.

So if you have more armor pen vs someone who has low amror, they will take a higher % of dmg.

Fbsunny

02-11-2010

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ead.php?t=3287

There is a reason it is stickied.

Lyrondak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2010

AP usually stands for Ability Power.

Armor is calculated with the formula Armor/(100+Armor). So if someone has 100 armor, they take 50% dmg, 200 armor = 33% dmg, etc. With this formula, there's diminishing returns, so getting say +20 armor when you already have 100 armor will only reduce your dmg by an additional 4.5%. Whereas if you got 20 armor when you have 0 armor you would get 16.7% reduction.

Because of this, it's best to STACK armor penetration. Each additional rune will increase the damage they take by an amount more than the previous rune. Armor penetration is generally the best/most versatile rune for physical dmg champions. It's generally better than flat damage runes because it scales with your attack damage.