Sona, can you solo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaosInfernal11

03-19-2011

Sona "can" solo, but she should never have it. She's a support character, and should be babysitting a champion in a duo lane. And in a duo lane, her Q+Passive can be used as pretty decent harassment.

Should you want to or god forbid have to solo lane, you can get the majority of last hits by focusing even damage between the two closest minions and getting both of them with Q. Use your passive on a minion for more an easy last hit, and pick off last hits on low minions as you would with any champion. With that sort of idea, you can actually farm reasonably well.

But seriously, don't solo as Sona.

kaleb bartlett

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2011

Yeah... I tell my team i refuse to solo as sona and will head mid with the karth/teemo/whoever untill i get someone to go in a lane with me.

Squirelzrme

03-20-2011

Honestly if you can't solo with sona you're not playing her new improved self right. Sure she's a great asset in a dual lane. But honestly just grab teleport clarity and you can easily take a solo lane or mid. I've done her solo lane vs xin and sion, and it was hard as hell, but I still managed to out lane them and kill them both more than they killed me. Just get good be aware and play her like a carry, easy to solo.

Asylumseeker

03-20-2011

Personally i think sona can easily solo or 2v1. she has great harrassing abilities. The issue is though and why i wouldnt recommend her for this is because she cant clear minions very quickly. This means if you face her solo you just push and slowly but surely take the turret down.

waferjuice

03-20-2011

i solo'd as sona and got 22-7 - ## at the end of the game

needless to say, i raped the entire enemy team's face

sgdfhdfihj

03-20-2011

I don't think 1v2 should be easy for anyone if your opponents are half decent or even a little bit organised. If you have had 1v2 easy with Sona imo then your opponents can't have been that good.

I do however think a passive or aggressive Sona is really good at 1v1 because of all the above comments. She is more than capable of denying EXP thanks to her Q and long range and good, short attack animation.