Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sona, can you solo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kamai

03-19-2011

I'm relatively new to LoL, and am starting to make sense of things. I'm enjoying playing Sona a lot, but once in a while, I have some people who decide it would be the best idea since waffles to have me solo a lane. At this point, I feel like I'm missing something that makes this even possible, let alone a good idea. She doesn't seem to have a good way to farm minions, and doesn't seem to harass all that well. Am I missing something? Is there something I can do (other than leave a lane empty) that will let me do this and actually hold a lane?

Prometheius

03-19-2011

She harasses better than most using Q+Passive and can last hit decently enough with proper positioning. She also sets up ganks easily w/ her ult and the enemy pushing hard.

Still doesn't mean she should be taking solo, though.

Cenerae

03-19-2011

She's a pretty good solo, but exceptional harrassers will be able to devastate her.

There isn't a lot of reason to be solo as Sona in the first place, however.

larkhill

03-19-2011

simply put, no.

in a more detailed fashion, she doesnt have the ability to kill someone by herself. that alone makes her not really viable to new players in a solo setting. she plays support very well but when therres noone to support, it doesnt go very well, no matter how good of a sona u r

Seelyon

03-19-2011

She might be able to pull off a 1v1 solo lane against a meh opponent. 2v1 is never going to happen.

Thats all besides the point though, you dont want to waste a solo lane on Sona.

NightcoreDJ

03-19-2011

While it is not best, it is possible. Before my client screwed up, i went mid sona against a caitlyn. Just have to be careful not to overspam and drain your mana.

chelom

03-19-2011

well she will get lvls faster that means lvl 6 quicker, she may not be the best soloer but having a heal a aoe nuke and a good ulti is good enough for her to solo, just play passive.

Ichikaze

03-19-2011

There are better characters to give a solo lane to,any ranged can solo if forced to tho.

mojib

03-19-2011

she can solo, but frankly she shouldn't. it's a waste of her auras to be solo'ing and she does not have any hard escape mechanisms if she gets ganked. she definitely works best when there is a teammate there to back her up.

Sykil

03-19-2011

I played with a pre-"buff" Sona (first time I had ever seen her in a game) who went mid, and she absolutely dominated the game... went for 17 kills. Her power chords were taking off ridiculous chunks of health.