Sona, can you solo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kamai

03-19-2011

I'm relatively new to LoL, and am starting to make sense of things. I'm enjoying playing Sona a lot, but once in a while, I have some people who decide it would be the best idea since waffles to have me solo a lane. At this point, I feel like I'm missing something that makes this even possible, let alone a good idea. She doesn't seem to have a good way to farm minions, and doesn't seem to harass all that well. Am I missing something? Is there something I can do (other than leave a lane empty) that will let me do this and actually hold a lane?

Prometheius

03-19-2011

She harasses better than most using Q+Passive and can last hit decently enough with proper positioning. She also sets up ganks easily w/ her ult and the enemy pushing hard.

Still doesn't mean she should be taking solo, though.

Cenerae

03-19-2011

She's a pretty good solo, but exceptional harrassers will be able to devastate her.

There isn't a lot of reason to be solo as Sona in the first place, however.

larkhill

03-19-2011

simply put, no.

in a more detailed fashion, she doesnt have the ability to kill someone by herself. that alone makes her not really viable to new players in a solo setting. she plays support very well but when therres noone to support, it doesnt go very well, no matter how good of a sona u r

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2011

She might be able to pull off a 1v1 solo lane against a meh opponent. 2v1 is never going to happen.

Thats all besides the point though, you dont want to waste a solo lane on Sona.

NightcoreDJ

03-19-2011

While it is not best, it is possible. Before my client screwed up, i went mid sona against a caitlyn. Just have to be careful not to overspam and drain your mana.

chelom

03-19-2011

well she will get lvls faster that means lvl 6 quicker, she may not be the best soloer but having a heal a aoe nuke and a good ulti is good enough for her to solo, just play passive.

Ichikaze

03-19-2011

There are better characters to give a solo lane to,any ranged can solo if forced to tho.

mojib

03-19-2011

she can solo, but frankly she shouldn't. it's a waste of her auras to be solo'ing and she does not have any hard escape mechanisms if she gets ganked. she definitely works best when there is a teammate there to back her up.

Sykil

03-19-2011

I played with a pre-"buff" Sona (first time I had ever seen her in a game) who went mid, and she absolutely dominated the game... went for 17 kills. Her power chords were taking off ridiculous chunks of health.