Question: Pantheon and AP-MP runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alarcon

02-11-2010

Hi.

I would like to know what works better with Pantheon: armor penetration runes or magic penetration runes.

As long as I've seen, Spear shot and Heartseeker work both with Attack Damage bonus, but Pantheon's shield CANNOT block it, so I guess they count as magic attack. In the other hand, Gangplank's Parley is physical as stated in the last patch notes and can actually be blocked with Pantheon's shield.

So my question is if those abilities can be further improved with magic penetration runes instead of armor penetration ones.

Thanks in advance.

Alarcon

edit: don't know if this is the correct forum for this question, if not, I apologize

Jothki

02-11-2010

They're abilities that deal physical damage. Parrley is specifically set up to be treated as a normal attack.

Fbsunny

02-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jothki View Post
They're abilities that deal physical damage. Parrley is specifically set up to be treated as a normal attack.
This, which means you want armor penetration runes. Magic penetration runes would help for your stun and ulti, but that is definitely not worth it so armor pen is the way to go.

Lyrondak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2010

Armor penetration. Spear Shot/Heartseeker deal physical damage.

They are not blocked by Pantheon's shield because the shield just blocks autoattacks. Parrrley is an exception because it is designed to be an autoattack.

Alarcon

02-12-2010

Thanks for the replys. Didn't know there was a diference between autoattack and physical damage.

AP runes here we go!

Jothki

02-12-2010

It isn't like this any more, but Ryze used to have an ability that made his autoattacks deal magical damage. The attack types and damage types are essentially decoupled, it's just that autoattacks usually (well, always, currently) deal physical damage and abilities usually deal magical damage.