Best use for new rageblade?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zero Control

02-12-2010

This is easy... the item was made for udyr.... as you stance dance you build charges, can you think of anyone better? magic, damage, attack speed!!

Wow... I am so excited about the idea I think im going to go test it.

Poki3 tem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

02-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWhisper View Post
teemo (with good attack speed) means he attacks even faster, his poison and dart will do more damage and if you pop a shroom quickly after attacking it will get the AP buff as well. (good on a dps teemo who doesnt take much AP)
Shrooms use the AP you have at the moment of detonation, not on the moment of planting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
No spamable spells, so new rageblade does almost nothing.

Buff procs on auto-attack too.

I could imagine some synergy between Rageblade and Sword of the Divine...but that's more-or-less for everybody.
Only during the laning phase really. By the time you finish Chalice, Boots and Starks laning is over, and you'll be pushing with someone. Sivir would get better use out of a Bloodthirster :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovinge View Post
Also, I think its a great idea now for Udyr if you employ a pheonix over tiger build.
It should proc every time you change a stance, so it should be terrific on an Udyr...

EasymodeX

02-12-2010

Rageblade is only good for champs that:

1. Use attack damage.

2. Use AP.

3. Use attack speed.

4. Spam attacks and/or spells.

This basically means Udyr, Evelynn, Corki, Jax. On Corki I wouldn't get it anyways because he has other items to buy. May be a good transition build item: Sheen > Rageblade > TF > Black Cleaver et al.

Udyr needs CDR and a Sheen (and Trinity Force tbh) before the Rageblade, but Rageblade is relatively effective for Udyr ... I think I would still pass on Rageblade for other items (Wit's/SotD/TF/Nashor's/IE/Veil, etc).

Seems like a good fit for Jax overall, because he benefits a lot from all the stats, despite not having the greatest ability to stack charges. He may net the largest benefit of the stats of any champion. Attack speed and AP itself is a good combo for Jax.

Evelynn can stack the charges easily, but only gets moderate benefit from the stats, so that might be off the table. Sheen / Mejai / Lichbane / Rylai seems more effective on Eve. Eve doesn't actually do a terribly large amount of autoattacking. Rageblade may be a good early item for an AP->AD transition build on Eve (Sheen > Rageblade > Trinity Force > AD items).

Summary: Good fit for Jax (not that this patch has changed much for Jax's Rageblade). Plausible for other champs, but they could all use other items more in many cases.

Edit: It's a plausible choice on Nidalee, but I can think of better ways to spend the $.

OMBlah

02-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
Rageblade is only good for champs that:

1. Use attack damage.

2. Use AP.

3. Use attack speed.

4. Spam attacks and/or spells.
From your 4 points you basically encompassed every champ, hon. You would only not be including someone that doesn't attack at all =P.

Prinnybomb

02-12-2010

Jax has great use for it i believe.

Nashor's Tooth

mejai's

ninja tabi

rylai's

rageblade

etc... That jax will be mangling some kids.

EasymodeX

02-12-2010

Quote:
From your 4 points you basically encompassed every champ, hon. You would only not be including someone that doesn't attack at all =P.
Perhaps you missed the implied (AND) between those statements.

More than half the champs in the game don't use attack damage. More than half the champs don't need attack speed.

A good fraction don't use AP.

Subtract all those champs and there aren't many left. Of the ones that are left, Rageblade's only effective on very specific builds.