Best use for new rageblade?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dripskydrip

02-11-2010

As you all know, this item got revamped and actually it looks pretty nice. I wonder which champion can get best use of one blade, or even two.

So... Anyone tested it on Jax? Should make the difference, like after catalyst and boots of speed.

Nidalee at least? Passive given by guinsoo is not unique, 2 rageblades on Nidalee... Looks to be worth checking.

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

02-11-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Janna!

Klazzix

02-11-2010

Eve? Hate spike? I dunno, just a quick thought.

Chiquihuite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dripskydrip View Post

Nidalee at least? Passive given by guinsoo is not unique, 2 rageblades on Nidalee... Looks to be worth checking.
Trouble with that is with two rageblades, you'll gain stacks twice as fast, however it still caps at 8 stacks.

wildfire393

02-11-2010

Seems like it's best on people who can spam an ability with a super-low cooldown:
Soraka (maybe)
Pantheon (maybe)
Evelyn
Karthus
Corki (seems very good here, as he's a good attacker as well)

Voidgolem

02-11-2010

Sivir, Maybe. +Attack speed and more damage to Boomerang.

Poki3 tem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

02-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
Sivir, Maybe. +Attack speed and more damage to Boomerang.
No spamable spells, so new rageblade does almost nothing.
Tried Rageblade a long time ago, and it wasn't turning out very well.

In any case, I'm definitely gonna play a few games with Eve and try a Rageblade...

Budo

02-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
Janna!
Fulltime Janna player here.

A decent Janna would be unable to pick it up until the very end of the game because she doesn't do well as an offensive caster. There are also better items for a ranged physical damage dealer. I mean, just take a look at agip33.

Don't get me wrong, the new Rageblade is awesome, but a support Janna should buy a major mana regeneration item, upgraded boots, an item that maxes out her cooldown reduction, and Rylai's Crystal Scepter before she should even think of getting a Rageblade.

SilentWhisper

02-11-2010

i would say eve, teemo and nidalee (nidalee probably gets the best out of it). Eve cause of her fast attacks and hate spike can charge it up super fast.

teemo (with good attack speed) means he attacks even faster, his poison and dart will do more damage and if you pop a shroom quickly after attacking it will get the AP buff as well. (good on a dps teemo who doesnt take much AP)

nidalee cause in cat form and spaming her abilities she can also charge it up really fast and it will help boost both her regular attacks and her cat abilities. plus in her human form if she sticks her speed buff on herself and gets her attack speed up it will fill up the rage blade quickly as well (death to towers in that case).

Voidgolem

02-11-2010

No spamable spells, so new rageblade does almost nothing.

Buff procs on auto-attack too.

I could imagine some synergy between Rageblade and Sword of the Divine...but that's more-or-less for everybody.