I wrote my first guide, AMA (it's for Jungle Vi)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cujomi

01-08-2013

http://www.lolking.net/guides/70453

I put a lot of effort into it so far and I'll be updating it daily. I know I'm not a pro player but I like to think I have a decent grasp on the game even if I haven't caught up with it in practice yet. I have only been playing for about 4 months so any comments, advice, etc. would be appreciated.

Omg i blame lag

01-08-2013

Do you even lift, brah?

Internet

01-08-2013

I seriously dislike your build.
You have very situational sticking power and no in jungle sustain.

But that's just my opinion.

I prefer Iceborn on her over Triforce. Or a full frozen mallet. Just not Triforce. It's price is to damn high for a jungle build unless your dunking so hard you can't be stopped.
Alacrity boots are best on her In my eyes if you don't want to build any "true" sticking power. ( With both your inescapable.)
I like to build hydra because I'm right in the middle of team fights usually, and the vamp sceptre makes my farming sustain easy.

My masteries are weird though. I have 15 15 0 for damage/ tenacity/slow avoidance to allow my Q to only slow me around 5% ish at half build.

-shrug- I've moved onto Kha until Vi gets bug fixes.

Edit: Your skill order. What the hell.
E - W - Q

you don't max Q first it's just for ganking...

Exhaust or Ghost are better then flash.

OBITWIZZLE

01-08-2013

Do you EVEN LIFT BRO

Challenger Yasuo

01-08-2013

Its okay how many matches have you played vi and aren't you suppose to max E>Q>W

OBITWIZZLE

01-08-2013

No frozen mallet? How do you expect to hit people 3 times?

Also, I've found ghost is infinitely more useful on Vi, especially jungle Vi, than flash.

edit: Also, Boots of Quickness (the slow reducing boots) + the defensive mastery to reduce slows, work on her Q, so besides that initial hiccup upon casting Q, she barely slows down at all.

Challenger Yasuo

01-08-2013

Vi is better with Trinity then mallet so that's where they went

OBITWIZZLE

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikilledufirst View Post
Vi is better with Trinity then mallet so that's where they went
explanation plz.

Internet

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBITWIZZLE View Post
explanation plz.
Seconded Plz.

Mallet gives her: More health, More Damage, Infinitly more Sticking power.

Cujomi

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet View Post
I seriously dislike your build.
You have very situational sticking power and no in jungle sustain.
I don't see how it's situation sticking power. She has the longest dash in the game, an R that has CC and a long range which brings her to her opponent, a slow proc from Trin and pretty high attack speed initially and even higher after landing one combo.

Sustain isn't really necessary as her clear becomes so fast and the shield will generally protect her enough to regen most if not all of the damage she does manage to take. Carry potions early agme.

Quote:
I prefer Iceborn on her over Triforce. Or a full frozen mallet. Just not Triforce. It's price is to damn high for a jungle build unless your dunking so hard you can't be stopped.
I sometimes go Frozen Mallet if I am behind -- but generally Triforce is optimal and just offers so much more to Vi than either of the other two items.

Quote:
Edit: Your skill order. What the hell.
E - W - Q

you don't max Q first it's just for ganking...

Exhaust or Ghost are better then flash.
Flash offers much more utility in pretty much every situation. Exhaust isn't really necessary since Vi has a high base movespeed and is hard to get away from with R/Q.

You always max Q first because of the cooldowns, damage scaling and utility it offers. E already has two charges and it just doesn't offer the same kind of damage scaling as Q does early game.

Maxing Q first allows for better ganks, easier sticking to enemies, faster map movement, faster clear time, and better escapes if caught on top of better damage scaling and huge cooldown reduction. There's no reason to max E or W before Q.