LEAVER: Game Kept Crashing, Wouldn't Let Me Back In the Game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TenguNose

02-11-2010

My summoner's name is TenguNose. The last game I played last night was going alright, and I wanted to keep playing it but the game froze on me.
I could see everything on the screen had stopped except my mouse. So I restarted my computer and tried logging back on. I reconnected but just after getting back in the game, the game gave me a "Bug Splat!" error message. Tried the same thing; another crash after reconnecting. Another try and the launcher freezing up on me before I could even reconnect.

Plus I don't have LoL on any other computer in the house in case my main is acting up but I suppose that will change.

So I left the game because I couldn't get back in it! If LoL is going to keep crashing on me and I get leave penalties for it, I don't see the point in continuing to play this, much less pay for skins I won't get to see in game.

I'll admit to leaving the first four games of my five, because I could have gotten back into them.

So please, remove my number of left games from 5 to 4 because it's just not right to say that someone left when the game crashed on them constantly.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

02-11-2010

I'm sorry to say that Riot is unable to change any #s on accounts; this is to prevent corruption.

However, your leaves will remain invisible to other players so long as they remain a low % of your total games played. If other players can see your current leaves, play a couple dozen games without a leave and you'll be just fine.

TenguNose

02-11-2010

It is a very low percentage of my games played. The last time I actually left a game was over a month ago.

I thought it might not [just] be League of Legends' fault. Maybe it was a hardware issue. Besides the Bug Splat message, I would get a blue screen saying PFN_LIST_CORRUPT or MEMORY_MANAGEMENT outside of LoL. So I made sure BIOS settings complied with my DDR3 RAM, and they did not. The voltage was not high enough, so I ramped that up.

After doing that I played a ton of matches today, seeing if it would crash. Not once throughout about 10 of them.

Thanks for the quick reply!