Burden of Knowledge in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WuTiTiS

03-18-2011

There are lots of things that I would love to know about this game, but I often cannot find the information very easily. So I suggest that Riot updates the Learning Center to help out players who want to increase their skill level by being more knowledgeable about League of Legends.

I will make a list and update it frequently, you guys can add stuff you would like to know and I will put it on the list.

Minions:

-When do minions spawn?

-How often do cannon minions spawn?

-When do neutral minions spawn? How about after they die, how long until they re-spawn?

-How much gold does a minion give? How much EXP?

-Include a table for neutral minions (+Baron and Dragon) for how much EXP/gold they reward

-When does Dragon spawn? How long to re-spawn after killed?

-When does Baron spawn? How long to re-spawn after killed?

Buildings:

-How long does it take for an Inhibitor to re-spawn?

-What is the range of a turret? (or tower, I don't know the term used in this game hmm.. the number might be in-game I will check next time I play)

Items:

-How much movement speed does movement 1 through 5 give?

Champions:

-Show the cooldowns for skills

-Show the numbers (damage, amount healed, AP ratios, AD ratios, etc.) for skills

Undead Fleshgod

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Icegoten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2011

I know some of these are answered on the wiki and some you can do calculations for but I'm sure someone did them already.

WuTiTiS

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undead Fleshgod View Post
That's nice and all, but it doesn't even have any information on neutral minions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icegoten View Post
I know some of these are answered on the wiki and some you can do calculations for but I'm sure someone did them already.
It would be easier and more readily available if it was all on one site, the official League of Legends site.

Saffire

03-18-2011

Minions spawn at 1:30, which is easily observed because the game tells you "MINIONS HAVE SPAWNED!" Minor neutrals spawn about the same time.

Golem/lizard spawn at 1:50, dragon spawns at 4:00 (I think?), baron spawns at 15:00. Minor neutrals respawn every 1:30, golem/lizard respawns every 5, dragon respawns after 6, baron respawns after 8.

Minion rewards increase gradually throughout the game.

Inhibitors respawn every 5 minutes (might be wrong, don't usually pay attention).

I'd put the range at about 650.

move 1 is +50, every one after is an additional +20. This one is in the learning center.

Most of this is in stickies in the new player forum.

WuTiTiS

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffire View Post
Minions spawn at 1:30, which is easily observed because the game tells you "MINIONS HAVE SPAWNED!" Minor neutrals spawn about the same time.

Golem/lizard spawn at 1:50, dragon spawns at 4:00 (I think?), baron spawns at 15:00. Minor neutrals respawn every 1:30, golem/lizard respawns every 5, dragon respawns after 6, baron respawns after 8.

Minion rewards increase gradually throughout the game.

Inhibitors respawn every 5 minutes (might be wrong, don't usually pay attention).

I'd put the range at about 650.

move 1 is +50, every one after is an additional +20.
Thanks, I'm just trying to get all of the information in one easy place, and the Learning Center looks like an OK start. Also some of your info is incorrect, so having it official on this site would do wonders for this games playerbase.

gnoevoet

03-18-2011

Yeah I don't see why learning center isn't updated properly. Can't be that much work to update numbers etc after a patch, once every 2 weeks. Also skills should show their cooldowns, and some have failing descriptions (like for teemo ult it says he gathers a mushroom "every seconds" with no number in between).

WuTiTiS

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnoevoet View Post
Yeah I don't see why learning center isn't updated properly. Can't be that much work to update numbers etc after a patch, once every 2 weeks. Also skills should show their cooldowns, and some have failing descriptions (like for teemo ult it says he gathers a mushroom "every seconds" with no number in between).
Thanks I will update the post! I agree, they could get a very small team of people together to update the website, so that players are not misinformed.