Clarification on "skill" banning.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bruce Banter

03-18-2011

How can you report people for something as relative as skill? Especially in a team game it just seems silly to even have that option. For instance what would someone have to do to be considered bad enough to report?

For instance, every time I pick Kassadin people tell me they are going to report me for intentionally feeding. Seems like pretty soon people will report you for not choosing a tank...

Zedilurk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2011

My guess is, it's not a banning issue, it's a pairing issue. For example, if you repeatedly do bad, and people report you for lack of skill, you might lose elo or something because you're obviously being carried and dragging down people's experience

Ecaflip

03-18-2011

oh it's this thread again

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2011

Lol @ people thinking the "unskilled player" option in the report page means that they'll get banned.

It's likely for manual elo adjustments, and possibly disallows you to be matched with that player again.

Sk1n J0b

03-18-2011

and Riot thought they had too many reports to handle all ready. Oh are they in for a surprise!

Bruce Banter

03-18-2011

That's not as silly as I thought, I just don't want to see an abusable system that the lil kiddies can exploit just because you didn't engage with them before minions spawn. =)

atheimetal

03-18-2011

Seriously - You're not going to get banned for 'unskilled player' reports. It's probably just a measure of how the MM system is doing and a clear way to adjust specific players matches so they get people closer to their skill level. I would be very, very surprised if it was there for almost any other reason.

Also, maybe it functions as a behind-the-scenes ignore player option. Ever considered that?

LadyKitsune

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by terriblebanter View Post
That's not as silly as I thought, I just don't want to see an abusable system that the lil kiddies can exploit just because you didn't engage with them before minions spawn. =)
There's a blitz on the other team? My jungler is safe, let's go to our lanes.

Yeah, that's not annoying =/

Squeakums

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhang inTact View Post
My guess is, it's not a banning issue, it's a pairing issue. For example, if you repeatedly do bad, and people report you for lack of skill, you might lose elo or something because you're obviously being carried and dragging down people's experience
I doubt Riot would take away ELO based on some reports by random people.

Orange Extract

03-18-2011

They are there to help Riot collect any matchmaking complaints. You will not get banned for being unskilled. They implemented extra options so they could filter out what people are specifically talking about.