Feedback on HUD placement

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frozt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

08-21-2009

Thing that I dislike is the position of the minimap. It's hard to watch, and here's why:

The map is played from bottom left to top right. If you're on blue team (bottom left) then naturally you're going to have your screen centered with your champion near the bottom left (current skill selection area in the HUD) and the creeps/champions mostly in the top right. If you're on purple team (top right) then naturally your champion will be near the top right of your screen, and the creeps/champions mostly in the bottom left. This means that your eyes are mostly going to be focused around a general area of the screen that stretches from bottom left to top right without interacting too much with the bottom right and top left of your screen. When you're playing the game this way, it's hard to view the minimap in your peripheral vision of the screen because it's on the bottom right, away from were your eyes are focused on a majority of the game.

I'm not necessarily saying it should be changed, but with the way it currently represents units and champions you have to look away from the gameplay completely every once in a while to monitor it. I think the best solution is to have the HUD customizeable for us, in terms of minimap placement and (what's already in the game) chat bar placement and SIZE.

Feral

08-23-2009

I've been having this issue as well, but there also something else that bothers me a little. The placement of the information of your target, its somewhat small, its hard to notice if your not looking directly at it and all together it seems like it was just slapped in the nearest unused UI space. I think the key information you need, minimap, your info, your targets info, and so forth, should be a bit closer, instead of looking in three different directions to get the full picture before actually looking at the game at hand.

HanneS

08-25-2009

I share Frozts opinion as well.
The HUD in the bottom left is better. I played LoL for the first time today and it was annoying for me to look on the right.
Sometimes i even didn't know where to look because of the action on the map.

Also i think that the player images are a bit too large, so during a battle i can't see how much enemies and friends staying there.

Eiyer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-25-2009

All of them have good points, but personally I love the way the UI looks and I don't have much of a problem with it. Although I think the enemy info IS a bit small at the top left, maybe it should be increased a LITTLE but not to much cause then it would take up to much of the screen. And as for the mini-map, I think all the Icons should be just a bit bigger as well as the Pinging.

Orbach

08-25-2009

i also think the minimap location is not good too..
and i rather have it in the bottom left instead like in the Dota.

anyway i think it's a great idea to have the HUD customizeable like in Guild Wars.

JoonKimDDS

08-25-2009

We should make interface like dota. We don't have to copy dota but we don't have to make it worse than dota.

Frozt

The Council

09-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoonKimDDS View Post
We should make interface like dota. We don't have to copy dota but we don't have to make it worse than dota.
DotA's interface is universal to Warcraft III, and it's restricted. I think a customizeable interface would be far superior to that of DotA, HoN, and LoL's current in-game HUD.

Master Rivu

09-02-2009

I think Frozt is right, Customizable is the way to go.... enough with restrictions of the DotA Structure!!! LoL is new gen dude, break away from all the conventionals just like Cryophoenix ....

Engarde

Adjudicator

09-02-2009

Customizable HUD sounds quite good.

zoey

09-02-2009

Customizable is a great idea

Guild Wars had a cool ui like that you could resize and move anything. There's lots of things I would change about the LoL ui if I had my choice