Nocturne, Irelia or Cass ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reinhart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2011

I recently (i.e. yesterday) got my first 6300 hero and chose Irelia. As far as she goes, she is a ton of fun if you enjoy melee, especially physical casters (which I love). Bladesurge makes it fun hopping around from creep to creep or catching heroes. It's only been a day and I already had a team fight which ended with me at mid health and three enemy heroes at low health, a bladesurge here and there and it was trip kill for me (granted Yi could have done that with Alpha strike but there's some satisfaction to doing it on your own).

I don't have any experience playing Noct or Cass so I'm not gonna say if she is better or not, but if your playstyle is like mine you'll def. enjoy irelia.

Kraheera

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimensionist View Post
Everyone as in the one person that suggested Cass?

Honestly OP if it took you a while to save up for IP and you actually *need* to be smart with it. I would play all three champions on their respective free weeks to see which one suits you best.

You might be disappointed if you choose incorrectly. I consider Master Yi to be one of my mains (second most played in ranked). I thought I would like Irelia but I can't grasp her, yet I love Nocturne. CassyOP is not a burst caster and requires a different playstyle.
If you're good with skillshots, and I mean 99% hit rate good, then you will love Cass. If you aren't... you'll hate her.

Obviously, I love Cass. I absolutely rape with her, and I'm wondering if people are figuring that out, because I'm getting hunted early game lately. LOL If you ruin Cass' early game, she's screwed until about 30 minutes in.

TenshiMiku

03-18-2011

Irelia

GiPi

03-18-2011

Cassiopiea OFC!

Dimensionist

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraheera View Post
If you're good with skillshots, and I mean 99% hit rate good, then you will love Cass. If you aren't... you'll hate her.
It's not so much hitting the skillshots that are the problem it's positioning for me. I can't seem to stay alive long enough with her. She doesn't exactly have great mobility, a non summoner escape ability, doesn't have reliable hard CC so what's to stop an akali, kassadin, or xin zhao from ruining my day, or even an enemy tank?

If I have to be 100 percent reliant on my team's tank than she isn't really a solo queue champion Imho. At least with other champions I can instagib someone, solo push a tower, initate a team fight etc etc etc.

Kill Something

03-18-2011

Cassio if you want a fun champ

Erotic Asphyxia

Recruiter

03-18-2011

Nocturne is crazy fun and really good too. Strong ganker/jungler/melee dps/assassin. He's paper thin though so you gotta learn when to ulti in to commit and when to just back off. Irelia is pretty much an unkillable offtank late game with a means of healing up to full health. I'd definitely get either of these two. DO NOT BUY CASS! She is the biggest waste of IP you could EVER spend. Terrible design and crappy damage, her squishyness is disgusting. She sucks and will suck for a very long time. So its obvious, take your pick.

Nocturne = Melee dps/assassin

Irelia = Strong offtanky dps

chumbler

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodeuss1990 View Post
Nocturne is crazy fun and really good too. Strong ganker/jungler/melee dps/assassin. He's paper thin though so you gotta learn when to ulti in to commit and when to just back off. Irelia is pretty much an unkillable offtank late game with a means of healing up to full health. I'd definitely get either of these two. DO NOT BUY CASS! She is the biggest waste of IP you could EVER spend. Terrible design and crappy damage, her squishyness is disgusting. She sucks and will suck for a very long time. So its obvious, take your pick.

Nocturne = Melee dps/assassin

Irelia = Strong offtanky dps
She is squishy and has some problems, but to say Cassiopeia deals crappy damage is simply wrong. She has probably the highest potential single target damage for a caster in the game. The main problem is that she is really hard to do well with because you have to be really good at positioning yourself, knowing when to take risks, hitting skillshots, and you have to have a team that can support you well (i.e. has enough cc to keep you safe and let you do your damage.)

I like Cassiopeia, and she's fun and can be effective, but she's not someone I would really recommend to most players. You pretty much have to want to play her to get good, she's not someone like Ashe whom you can use from time to time to good effect without much practice.

swanghard

03-18-2011

I, personally, like Cass. Nice slows, nice nukes. You just have to get used to damage overtime rather than burst.

murphymcmanus

03-18-2011

I wouldn't touch Cass with a 10 foot pool till she is thoughly buffed. She is one of the champions that is just awful right now, to the point of being absolutely awful when compared to pretty much every other mage. About the only thing going for her is her early game harass, which while amazing is in no way worth picking her when you could play Annie, harass reasonably well, and then instagib someone at 6 :-(

Having read the 3rd page where people claim to be doing well with her, please tell me your secrets. Every time I play her I have a good lane but once team fights it may as well be 4v5.

I also can't get over her atrocious ult. Range is terrible, facing requirement makes lore sense but is a HORRIBLE gameplay design.