#Morello, what you talk about Nasus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirArhodas

03-18-2011

Nasus (also Garen/Kayle/Jax) are the only champions that dont get played at top elo solo queue. Ofcourse same with top elo premade/tournaments.

other champions get played at least at high elo solo queue (yi, trynd, etc)
even morde is played sometimes at high elo

Even after his buff (+50% potential damage) increase he still isnt played.
Now that games dont last long his reason for picking is limited.

You have to farm your q (which in top elo is easy for foes to harass you)

There are far better off-tank choices to choose instead of nasus
(mundo, jarvan, renekton, irelia,xin). all are newer champs with better initiation abilties

he has high mana costs, his ap ratios (sheen) are a joke, and he is countered by merc treads

Honestly i would prefer a hard cap on his q i fyou are so scared of it, and a buff to Nasus
in order for him to be competitive in top elo play and not be a pick only for mid elo or normal games.

PS. I play in EU as a level 30 summoner, I post in US. i would like an honest answer from a Red.

Also please remove the easy tag on a Nasus. it is a joke.
When you are level 1 you need chalice (as no mana regen runes )not to go oom. this gimps your build too much, in addition to his difficult to use abilities when you are low level

Lap it up

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2011

I usually win when i play nasus, but i can agree to all of this though

I keep clicking on the "Accept summoners code" in the account management, why am i still grayed out?

Borkcire

03-18-2011

Getting harassed up the ass?
Switch lanes!

Mana issues?
GET MANAMUNE! (Alternatively, mana regen/level runes)

Low AP ratios?
HE ISN'T AN AP HERO!

Having problems being an off-tank?
JUST WAIT 'TILL ALL THE CC IS DOWN, ULT AND LITERALlY MELT THEIR CARRIES!

Yeah!

Balrogix

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borkcire View Post
Switch lanes!

Mana issues?

Low AP ratios?
HE ISN'T AN AP HERO!

Having problems being an off-tank?
JUST WAIT 'TILL ALL THE CC IS DOWN, ULT AND LITERALlY MELT THEIR CARRIES!

Yeah!
By they time you have Manamune, it's already mid-game and you can't farm so much.

It's not that he is not an AP Champion, people just don't build him that way. If we look at his ultimate, he can increase the power of his ultimate with AP, and a Nasus when ulted, is strong against tanks, since he got a Madred's Bloodrazor in his ultimate, and if put AP, he gets way more powerful.

By the time the CC's are down, so are you, so you have to ult right away to not die the initial burst.

SirArhodas

03-18-2011

lol manamune is bad on nasus
ofc he is not an ap hero

Fail Team Carry

03-18-2011

Nasus needs either a mild speed boost or a lower CC duration during his ult. I find his ult a little lacking, because the enemy can easily run away.

SirArhodas

03-18-2011

i dont see normal crotchgoblin (not grey)

Grunghole

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borkcire View Post
Switch lanes!

Mana issues?
1) Lane switching doesn't solve the problem- that Nasus has no lane presence whatsoever.

2) Manamune is a godawful item on Nasus. You shouldn't be having mana problems in any way if you're not ******ed. I've seen a lot of bad Nasi this week, and it's shameful to see one get Spirit Fire first, and try to use it to harass/farm with. Don't do it, it's not for that.

Grand Treason

03-18-2011

To any of those having mana problems on Nasus: Please, just buy manaregen/5 runes. At this level, you're only running out of mana because you play recklessly or you happen to spam spirit fire even when the need doesn't call for it.

And, blue buff.

Puma Namanari

03-18-2011

I must say, I keep watching a lot of high elo streams for when I'm bored or sleepy (solo q people like hotshot, elementz, guardsman bob, bigfatjiji etc) even with their smurf accounts they play games at ranked up to 2k+ or at least 1.8~1.9k most of the time. And lots higher when on their main accounts.

And I see Nasus becoming a quite frequent pick there, especially when the bans hit the overused picks. And I frequently see him faceroll there if he manages to farm up at any point. He's pretty much a hard carry and a tower wrecker. My friend 'mains' Nasus and most of the time he does well. His abilities lack the OMG UNCOUNTERABLE part most champs seem to have these days, but he still has a powerful kit that synergizes well.. Though I often wish spirit fire would activate faster. Or grant him a speed bonus similar to trundle's contamination.

He still does fantastic given any kind of ally with CC to let him march in and 1 / 2shot people with siphoning.

Also, his mana management is similar to many other champs, the point is to not spam Spirit fire to farm creepwaves.. it's mostly the worst move to make. Use it for a fight, for the armor reduction on enemy champs. Or to farm freaking huge waves that the tower would eat up before you can SS. But most of the time nasus' task is to last hit with SS, stab the enemy with SS, wither for easy jungler gank and ult to make the enemy team scatter or for the damage/hp boost.

I'm not saying he's op, but he does have his uses and isn't in any kind of state that he could be ignored by any team.