Runes for AD heroes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaliumcyanid

02-11-2010

Hey folks!

I was thinking to get my next rune book full. I currently play AP depending heroes like Karthus, Annie, etc. But I'd like to play other heroes, like the title says AD depending heroes.

Now here comes my question, which runes shall I get for each color? When I'm playing AD heroes in general, not specified to one hero.

Thanks in advance.

SheriffLobo

02-11-2010

It depends on what kind of melee character you want to play. Full Crit damage and attackdamage/attack speed builds are popular, but there's also people who will go Full armor pen with a mix of crit chance and crit damage. Again, I find a lot of the melee heroes require some level of customization (maybe the exception is gang and tryndamere, who would maximize from a full crit damage page)

Kaliumcyanid

02-11-2010

Ok, I'll try to get Armor Pen in red rune slots, Attackspeed in blue and Crit Chance in yellow.

Is this ok? And what about the quintessences?

Alucard628

02-11-2010

the problem i have is that armor pen is only availabe in red, so unless i plan on going all armor pen i'm really gimping my crit chance/damage by not using red runes. and does armor pen really add up that much? i mean if your'e goin against a tank they can have a lot of armor. does negating 15 really help?

Mpalm

02-11-2010

Armor pen/Crit damage Marks
Dodge/Crit Damage Seals
Crit Damage Glyphs
Flat Health Quints

ChaoticHypnotic

02-11-2010

Quints = Armor Pen
Marks = Armor Pen and/or Crit Chance
Seals = Dodge
Glyphs = Magic Resist or CDR

(Crit Chance > Crit Damage) = Fact