Ryze and the 25 minute battle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fail Team Carry

03-18-2011

New Ryze has a lot shorter cooldown on Q, get your combo right. Not my fault if you don't even know how to play the character.

Rewfus

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlandyOver View Post
QRQEQWQ is the actual combo you should be using. And you should be kiting and tossing out spells all the time rather than pulling off your combo and being worthless. I like to get off my combo, flash behind my tank, snare, Q, Q, Q, combo again, etc. You're rocking mpen, mana and AP and you can just keep tossing spells at people for excellent damage so as long as you survive you're a damage output machine!
Yeah< i think I'm being too aggressive and simply putting myself in danger. I'll try to play a little more conservative.

Rewfus

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fail Team Carry View Post
New Ryze has a lot shorter cooldown on Q, get your combo right. Not my fault if you don't even know how to play the character.
Fail troll is fail. Go spread your hate mongering elsewhere ya tool.

ZidenVentania

03-18-2011

Ryze is way good early game and with a decent build and in skilled hands hes even better late game then early game, cause he gets to be an superb DPS with the best spell cicle in the game, being a off-tank in the mean-time.

Still theres people talking about how bad is ryze late game, or some say how bad he is early game, and also a few sayng how bad he is in the entire game.
Bad builds leads to bad gameplay. A new champion playstyle will lead to make 90% players miss builds, since most players just copyes builds from websites, witch are usefull to learn and only, and thats what happened to Ryze. Now, ryze 'best' build is getting close to be popular, its something very close to the one posted here, and i bet, oh god i bet, when this build comes to popular knowledge, there will be plenty of QQrs in this forums yelling how a strong DPS can be such a tanky character. While then, who knows how to play ryze can faceroll. He demmands pretty much skills and fast fingers tho.

tumbap

Riot Sotere

Game Analyst

03-18-2011

Get a void staff.

That seems to be missing in your build and the suggested build.

Don't need the AP? Basically true. 40% magic pen makes your rotation do a lot more damage lategame to people who have had the opportunity to build some MR.

TUC Toilet Humor

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewfus View Post
Yeah< i think I'm being too aggressive and simply putting myself in danger. I'll try to play a little more conservative.
I love having normal conversations on internet forums rather than e-peen contests.
Try going nice and slow with your combo while waiting for the cooldown on Q each time. You'll find you play less spastically and more measured.
I also need to do this so I'll heed my own advice.

JeedUnit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2011

Everyone I see go full tank with him... You're not a tank. Stop stacking so much mana and res and get some magic pen*.

Shamanb

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewfus View Post
100% disagree. Maybe *you* didn't play him before rework.
Old Ryze had 10 times the burst this one has ... anyone questionning that sucks at maths.

Cause yeah, that's all it is: Maths... Damage can be calculated easily. The ONLY buff they did to him is the range of his spell, and yes it was much needed. But that's it.

Old Ryze's build was identical btw, 1 cdr item + mana and magic penetration for damage, the tankier the better (banshee's veil/frozen heart for cdr/mana, items like that).

They really didn't change him much at all.