Ryze and the 25 minute battle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Siegfryd

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewfus View Post
100% disagree. Maybe *you* didn't play him before rework.
Then you're stupid, sorry.

RichieLitt

03-18-2011

Late game where you are essentially an ap tank is weaker than early game when you have to work on your tear and catalyst? I don't understand.

Tarnace

03-18-2011

Levels 1-5 awful
6+ better and better the more items you have

Rewfus

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima Flux View Post
Lol what? Ryze's late game way overshadows his early game.
In what terms? Early game is stupid easy with ryze. Harass every ~2 seconds with q until they are at 50% and then just nuke their faces off. I can mid against anyone with ryze, even ashe or anivia and completely own the lane.

However, late game... his damage just tapers off. It's really hard to stack more than about 4k mana.

I'm not saying ryze sucks, he doesn't. I'm trying to figure out wtf I'm doing wrong, late game, that my damage goes down the ****ter.

My build: tear of goddess, sorcerer's shoes, glacial shroud, rod of ages, banshee's veil, arch angel's staff, frozen heart. In that order. By the time I hit 18, I usually have 4-4.3k mana and around 300 AP.

Q: 130 + (.2 ap) 60 + (10% mana) 420 = 610
W: 200 + (.6 ap) 180 + (5% mana)210 = 590
E: 135 + (.35 AP) 105 = 240/bounce

Lets throw magic resistance out the window. A standard burst cycle for ryze goes: Q,R,E,Q,W,Q = 610+(360-720)+915+885+915 = 4045

Ok, I'm doing something wrong. With numbers like these, I should *REALLY* be melting faces.

Any ideas? Maybe I do get a bit frantic at times and ignore my spell around in favor of POUND THE KEYBOARD... maybe that could be one of my problems....

Rewfus

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfryd View Post
Then you're stupid, sorry.
There's the f*cking door. ------->

Show yourself out and stay out of my thread if you're going to be a d*ckhead.

Ranged Minion

03-18-2011

Are you serious?I find that Ryze destroys late game, as well as being tanky as hell.

Onlyashadow

03-18-2011

manamune + sheen + mana items + magic pen

TUC Toilet Humor

03-18-2011

QRQEQWQ is the actual combo you should be using. And you should be kiting and tossing out spells all the time rather than pulling off your combo and being worthless. I like to get off my combo, flash behind my tank, snare, Q, Q, Q, combo again, etc. You're rocking mpen, mana and AP and you can just keep tossing spells at people for excellent damage so as long as you survive you're a damage output machine!

Rewfus

03-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLitt View Post
Late game where you are essentially an ap tank is weaker than early game when you have to work on your tear and catalyst? I don't understand.
Ok, let me elaborate. At level 1 I have ~500 hp and 500 mana the way I have my runes set up. I add a crystal for 700 mana.

My q does aprox 100 damage every 3 seconds at level 1. Do you see how it's incredibly easy to harass and kill someone at level 1 with that kind of damage output? It's like Mundo, but you don't have to aim and minions won't block the damage.

neocow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2011

mana, CDR, Deathcap.