Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ryze and the 25 minute battle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rewfus

03-18-2011

This is a QQ thread.

I'm mad. I like the new Ryze but now it's a situation where, if we don't win by the 25 minute mark, I become less than useful with Ryze.

Level 1-6 he really shines... especially with flat mana runes and CDR.

Level 7-14 he does really well also. He can add a ton of damage to team fights and is generally able to nuke most champs down with two spell cycles or less.

After level 14 his damage and usefulness begin to taper off and by level 18, I feel ryze is a throw away champion. I've had 50-60 min battles where it would literally take 4 or 5 spell cycles to kill someone.

So, has anyone else come to this conclusion as well? Is there anything that can be done to boost Ryze a little, late game? Or do you think he's fine where he is.

Grenadilla

03-18-2011

Use This (http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/ryze-revamped-ap-be-****ed-58599#chapter4)

Quantumprophecy

03-18-2011

I have yet to come to this conclusion. I find by late game, I am literally melting people in a few seconds. All while being extremely tanky, and more or less being able to chain snare someone to the ground.

Haven't had a single problem with him late game at all.

Fail Team Carry

03-18-2011

you clearly don't know what you are talking about. Late game ryze is one of the most OP thing out there.

Sword of Aeons

03-18-2011

Ryze is "okay", his ultimate disappointed me a lot, but, if you build him right he can become quite a powerful tanky mage, his Q will have a 2-3 seconds cooldown for a respectable amount of damage.
Other than that yeah, he needs a change on ultimate, the spellvamp and manabonus doesn't cut it.

Edit : About his W and E, they're pretty good, CDs are a bit long but spam Q all day night and you won't even notice the CD on them.

Siegfryd

03-18-2011

Old Ryze was 10 times stronger early game, you've clearly never played him before his rework...

Rewfus

03-18-2011

Quote:
Siegfryd:
Old Ryze was 10 times stronger early game, you've clearly never played him before his rework...

100% disagree. Maybe *you* didn't play him before rework.

Rewfus

03-18-2011

Quote:
Grenadilla:
Use This (http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/ryze-revamped-ap-be-****ed-58599#chapter4)

Pretty much the exact same build I use.

Maybe it's because I've been fighting a lot of tank-centric teams lately. It's like, when people see ryze, it's time to stack MR like a mofo. (to which I respond with mpen)

Anima Flux

03-18-2011

Lol what? Ryze's late game way overshadows his early game.

BlackRampage

03-18-2011

Quote:
Dark Sonic X:
Ryze is "okay", his ultimate disappointed me a lot, but, if you build him right he can become quite a powerful tanky mage, his Q will have a 2-3 seconds cooldown for a respectable amount of damage.
Other than that yeah, he needs a change on ultimate, the spellvamp and manabonus doesn't cut it.

Edit : About his W and E, they're pretty good, CDs are a bit long but spam Q all day night and you won't even notice the CD on them.

It's A LOT lower than 2-3 seconds. With Ryze's passive, it's under 1 second.