Ryze: amI doing it right?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2010

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Ryze/...7e8dd26142ae1f

pretty much the build I go.

Rush Tear of the Goddes
Grab a catlyst next time back
Rod of ages and Sorc Shoes are next priority
Finish Archangel's Staff
Build a Frozen Heart
Build an Abyssal Sceptre
Go for Zhonya's last if you want to kill faster, or rylai's to keep foes from running/help you survive

obviously this can change from game to game as the situations change, but that's the basic build I go for.

As for masteries, I go 9/21/0 because 9 is all a mage needs in Offense and I like having a strong fortify.

As for skill builds, I start with overload, then spell flux, then rune prison, and I pretty much give upgrade priority to whatever ability has the lowest mana cost. At least, that's what's worked best in the past.

obviously this build is survivable AND hits hard.

mOeeOm

02-10-2010

Start with rune prison. It can save you or get you first blood.

Not sure why you wait until level 3 :S

M3MBRAN3

02-11-2010

Ryze at mid-ELO is a good guide to read and I base my build off that.

For my masteries I go 2/7/21 to max cdr and health/mana regen.

At the start of a game I'll get a level in all skills, rune prison then flux then overload, so you can spam all 3 on a target for max. damage. Then I'll focus on levelling rune prison and spell flux.

Because his ult. gives him so much AP you don't really need to worry about maxing AP so much, rather focus on magic penetration, cooldown reduction and health/mana.

By the time you are level 15+ you should have enough mana to make use overload effectively.

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mOeeOm View Post
Start with rune prison. It can save you or get you first blood.

Not sure why you wait until level 3 :S
because it doesn't hold them for near long enough.

overload will do a lot more damage.

Cleo

02-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicTheHedgedawg View Post
because it doesn't hold them for near long enough.

overload will do a lot more damage.
It's still decent to hold them down when you have a lane partner to help. If you get a sapphire crystal as your first item then it's only 20 less damage than overload.

FnkyTwn

02-11-2010

Ditch RoA and instead get Banshee's Veil.
Ditch Sorcerer's Boots in favor of Mercury's Treads

I've had a lot of success with:
Tear
Catalyst
Merc Treads
Banshee's Veil
Archangel's Staff
Frozen Heart

and then honestly i'm having fun with Guardian Angel because if i do die then whoever
killed me (even a group) is pretty damaged and popping back up with 40% health and
40% mana with my timers cooled off is a whole new party.

You don't really need Sorc Boots or Abyssal because with your bounce done correctly
they don't have any Magic Resist in the first place. Merc Treads and Banshee's Veil will
give you the extra survivability you've been lacking.

Torcheux

02-11-2010

Here's my strategy...it's Magic Penetration based. Hope you'll like it!

Items (in that order):
- Boots of Sorc
- Rod of Ages x2
- Zhonya's Ring
- Frozen Heart
- ???
- Profit.

Runes:
Quintescences : Magic Penetration.

- Red: Magic Penetration
- Yellow : Dodge
- Blue: Cooldown Reduction

Masteries: 9 (Archaic Knowledge) - 0 - 21

Summoner's spell: Flash & Ghost.

Spells:
- Overload
- Stun
- Spellflux
- Overload
- Spellflux
- Ult
- etc.

Strategy Description:
Harass as much as you can with Spell Flux. When the enemy is low hp, wait in the bushes, flash-stun-overload.

Focusing on Magic Penetration and then getting 2 rod of ages will allow you to have loads of mana + enough heal to survive. And the Zhonya's ring mana convertion is a big plus.

Get a lane partner who can also stun and you're in for some fun!

kitfox

02-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torcheux View Post

...And the Zhonya's ring mana convertion is a big plus....
The ring does what now?

Did I miss a patch note or something?

Doesn't the Archaengels Staff convert mana into AP? im sure Zhonya only gives you raw 500mana 100AP and passive 25% AP increase....

dont think it does any mana conversion itself. unless i misread your post.

Semei

02-12-2010

Pathetic 16k "builds" Its bull****.... such a bull****...

The first 5-7k is important and game deciding not the 16k "builds"

First 5k spent and what items and in what order you buy is crucial, i dont get why people even make those 16k "builds"

EasymodeX

02-12-2010

Quote:
First 5k spent and what items and in what order you buy is crucial, i dont get why people even make those 16k "builds"
This.

I get 2 Catalysts and Merc?Sorc boots. Nuff said. Tears are an option to rush instead of a Catalyst, but it really just depends on your opponent champ composition. 2 Catalysts is pretty ******edly strong for sustained fights and laning. You can easily kick opponents out of your lane with basic harass, and replenish all your hp/mana with a level up.

On the flip side, Tears are nice but the missing HP can cost you, depending. As far as order, I would recommend 1 catalyst -> boot upgrade -> 2nd catalyst. Honestly they can't touch you at this point unless you do something negligent.

I generally upgrade those into a RoA and BV. Blue buff takes like 10 seconds to get with Ryze, so CDR isn't too concerning for me. After the RoA/BV, a Void Staff is a likely choice for the magpen as a counter-item. Rylai's is also pretty solid, relatively speaking.

Mejai's is always an option, but I'm not too much of a fan of it for Ryze.

Spell-wise, I start with spell flux for double bounce harass and pick up overload for double pew pew. I run with Ghost and Flash so I'm not overly concerned about low levels of Rune Prison.