Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What made the old TF so OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DragoonLoyd

03-17-2011

1.Wild cards shaved off your hp pretty easily.
2. gold card stuned towers, i believe at one point it was a aoe stun[not sure if i am right there]
3. Ult revealed and slowed, meaning if your jungling or somthing not next to a tower you= dead
4. Goooood luck catching him

Chioer

03-17-2011

And even after they changed it, his stack deck did a lot. literally rape people just by auto attacking

A Retarded Clown

03-17-2011

Quote:
Chioer:
And even after they changed it, his stack deck did a lot. literally rape people just by auto attacking

he was fine after he got stacked deck...after that was just QQ and stupidity that brought him way too low.

Haelstrom

03-17-2011

There's been two states of OP TF.

Original TF:
-AoE stun Gold Card that bugged and would apply the stun for 2x duration. That's right.
-Could stun towers. My god..
-Global teleport at level 1. This + a ward and team with Teleport = ganks like you've never seen.
-Wild Cards were simply more powerful all around.
-Did way more damage with AP.
-Destiny gave a slow of doom globally.
-His passive wasn't no minor amount of extra gold. It gave your whole team bonus crit %. A Trynd jungle these days would be so happy over this.

Realizing "..wow, hey, this is broken," they did a rework, combining Gate/Destiny and implementing Stacked Deck as his E, nerfing his Wild Cards, making Gold Card single-target stun, etc.

In entered the OP Twisted Fate Era #2, this is when I joined mind you.

-Sword of the Divine still applied to turrets.. but so did Stacked Deck. And Gold Card still stunned towers.
-That's it. TF went around melting turrets on a level that'd make you cry thanks to SD working on towers combined with generally different turret/turret application stats back then. If you had less than 7 turrets taken a game, you were bad.

Once they made SD not work on towers, Gold Card not stun towers, etc. -- the OP Age of Twisted Fate came to an end.

We lost our ability to Gate while snared, but gained the ability to PAC not being dodged (unless it's Red, then it'll disappear.)

And thus ushered in the "many bugs Riot refuses to fix and one of the earlier legendary skins that's worse than some 520 RP skins Riot laughs at" age, where Riot's too scared to even touch Twisted Fate in fear they'll make the scary abomination he once was.

Downfaller

Recruiter

03-17-2011

Pre-Massive Remake...20s (I think) CD on his Teleport. Ult had a Massive Global Slow. Gold cards stunned AoE, however hitting anything else was trash. Oh they were harder to hit but came out quicker once you had the timing. He basically played like AP TF but you knew 10 minutes in if your had a good one. Oh plus he could split push the lanes all by him self.

Post Remake...His Stacked the deck triggered on Towers, and so did Sword of divine. So he BD to no end.

Quintessence

03-17-2011

i love how people only point out part of his skills...oh yea he had a global teleport on his E, but i won't mention that it took 3 seconds of channeling to port. his gold card was a aoe stun, but i won't mention the PAC order was completely randomized and gold card only appeared for less than a half of a second.

Haelstrom

03-17-2011

Quote:
Quintessence:
i love how people only point out part of his skills...oh yea he had a global teleport on his E, but i won't mention that it took 3 seconds of channeling to port. his gold card was a aoe stun, but i won't mention the PAC order was completely randomized and gold card only appeared for less than a half of a second.

If having to plan out the channeling and memorizing the (not) random pattern each starting color meant towards landing a gold meant I got AoE Stun Gold Card and 20s Gate, consider me sold.

LuciferDuck

03-17-2011

lol TF an abomination x3!!!!

Downfaller

Recruiter

03-17-2011

Quote:
Quintessence:

Yes there was 3s Channel but you could ninja it so easily...Here is a video in case people were wondering... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM_m6V40UsM

and

PaC wasn't random, it had a very set path and timing. Its order was Blue,Red,Gold. The Starting card was biased on the last on you picked in that order, and they always flashed at the same rhythm. Once you had the timing you were set.

Xemeron

03-18-2011

The only thing that was too strong:
His ability to be everywhere at once. His Gate was a seperate spell with 30s CD on highest Rank.

His Wild cards were nearly the same, a little more base dmg and a little less mana cost... unsure about the AP Ratio, it started with 1:1, but was always lowered.. 0,5; 0,6;0,7;0,6... i think it was around 0,6 most time. Wild Cards was pretty much same as today.

PaC might sound OP if you hear "mimimi AoE Stun mimimi..." but all of these guys dont tell you, that pulling a gold card was a challenge by itselve. The roulette wasnt like today, hitting gold card while in trouble was an ability, that told you that your opponent was a skilled player. THe roulette was 3s of blue card, 1s of red card and 0,5s of gold card. Back in these days a TF player was judged by the ammount of gold cards he could shoot in a team fight.
Old Fate also nuked Towerd like hell, sinde his blue card always allowed you to pull another card (it does not restore mana) and every pull activated sheen/Lich Bane.
Red card was some kind of penalty card. There was no reason to pull red, Blue was for Tower, gold for CC and dmg... Red card was for letting people laugh about you.
Gold card... oh yeah the good old gold card... It was the meaning of high skill, high reward. When you got Gold card, you had an AoE Stun with nice dmg.
Some kind like Annie with passive and W, Cho Gat with his Q... But for some reasons people loved to QQ...

I think the main reason was, that he was good at everything. Yeah, the bundle was to strong, even me, an old and actual TF player, saw, that a global low CD port with Stun, high pushing power and tower destruction power...
But seriously, i think they hit him too hard. He lost most of it. OK; Wild Cards are the same, so you are still a great pusher, but he lost most of his power for fighting other Champs (Unless you play vs stupid enemys, that allows you to go AD without failing and feed you)

I think RIOT want to kill AP Fate, low Ratios on his PaC, Stacked Deck no longer usefull for Towers... (Really? 100 magic dmg with an item is OK, but 125 with a skill is OP?????)

Hes still funny today... but useless when your team is not good enough to use him well.